The January Transfer Window 2011

Lineker

I just want RSC and Robbie Keane to move to other Premier League clubs where they will get games...and preferably 10 goals each. :shifty: Fantasy football reasons.

Roman Abramovich is back in the country. Maybe now we'll get a better sense of whether Chelsea are actually going to do anything this month.

Pienaar now likely to move to Spurs...apparently. For £2mil. Seems cheap. Can't see him being more than cover for Lennon though.

It's only £2million because Pienaar only has 6 months left on his contract, so Everton would rather get a couple million for him now rather than nothing in the Summer. If Pienaar would have sealed a transfer last January he probably would have been in the £10million range, but after a poor World Cup and poor showing this season, his valuation around Europe has dramatically dropped.

Early rumours for today;

A quick glance through the tabloids for some transfer stories has The Sun claiming West Ham United are lining up a swoop for Newcastle United defender Sol Campbell.

Reports in Spain on Wednesday stated Real Madrid remain keen to sign Emmanuel Adebayor, but the Daily Star claims there could be competition from Fulham and former club Monaco for the Manchester City striker.

After failing to persuade Everton to sell Phil Neville, Tottenham Hotspur are now turning their attention to Manchester United defender Wes Brown, according to the Daily Mirror. Brown is out of the picture at Old Trafford and has also been linked with Everton, Sunderland, Newcastle, Birmingham and Blackburn.

Aston Villa have dismissed Peterborough United's claims that the club have seen a bid for goalkeeper Joe Lewis turned down. Peterborough had stated on Wednesday that an 'insulting' offer had been rejected.

Skysports.com understands Wolves are in talks with captain Karl Henry over a new deal at Molineux. Henry is set to be offered a three-year extension as Wolves look to secure the midfielder's long-term future.

Portsmouth boss Steve Cotterill has confirmed Wolves utility man Greg Halford has extended his loan at Fratton Park until the end of the season. Cotterill is also hoping to sign another player on loan before Saturday's game against Nottingham Forest.

Blackburn Rovers striker Jason Roberts could be involved in a transfer tug of war this month amid reports he is wanted by former club Wigan Athletic and Queens Park Rangers, who are looking at the forward as a replacement for the injured Jamie Mackie.

Derby County manager Nigel Clough is hoping to sign Notts County midfielder Ben Davies during the January transfer window. Talks are ongoing regarding a potential £250,000 deal for Davies.

By the looks of it Wes Brown is on his way, gutted really because he's been a good servant for United over the years. :(

To be fair, Wes Brown nowadays puts on below-average performances more often than not. It's better to let him go 'cause we don't really need him. There's O'Shea to fill in any spot in the back four and I'd pick the twins, Smalling or Evans over Brown any given day.

But yeah, he's been with us for ages (since, what, '98?) and I respect the guy - such a shame constant injuries had to ruin it for him. :/

I suppose we have more cover in that position now than a few years back when he was on the verge of leaving, before Fergie offered him want he wanted in his new contract. I really like the look of Smalling, I think he could be a direct replacement for Rio for club and eventually for country.

Preston North End have completed the double loan signing of Blackburn Rovers midfielder Amine Linganzi and Watford striker Nathan Ellington until the end of the season.

Huddersfield midfielder Graham Carey has returned to Celtic after the two sides failed to agree a possible loan extension.

Swansea have confirmed that Spanish midfielder Jordi Lopez has left the club by mutual consent.

If Blackpool get Ramsey on loan that would be ace for them, really do think Blackpool will get a top 10 finish this season.

Preston signed Ellington???

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha fantastic! Watford won't have to pay his crazy wages anymore, for one of the worst players I have ever seen. Thanks Preson!

Was ok at Wigan back in the old days when I used to go and see them. Then again last time I saw Wigan they were in the old Division 2 now League 1.

Apparently we've been linked with Charlie Adam now as well

If Blackpool get Ramsey on loan that would be ace for them, really do think Blackpool will get a top 10 finish this season

Absolutely, and I like the way Blackpool play. I think it'd be great for Ramsey as well.

* side note, how do Macron jerseys fit ? Say compared to Nike or Addidas ...