The January Transfer Window 2011

Lineker

I was amused at Sky's footage of their guy talking to Avram in his car on deadline day. For the most part he's pretty jovial "oh yes Robbie Keane is great / no we're not losing any more after Behrami etc. etc.".

Then the guy says that they've heard rumours that Newcastle could come in for Carlton Cole, and Avram's mood visably drops by about a thousand rungs. That was the face of a man who had heard nothing of it...but knew that it *could* be happening without his knowledge.

Beattie has been unbelievably shit at Rangers this season. I'm astounded a Premier League club still wants him.

Consider that Ian Holloway helped turn previous turds Barry Hayles, Jason Roberts and Nathan Ellington into goal-scoring machines at their given levels. He has the pedigree of taking out of favour strikers and giving them their fire back. I'm happy to bet on Ollie turning Beattie back into the striker we use to see at Southampton.

Barry Hayles was a good player and was a big part in getting Fulham up to a stable Premiership side. He probably wasn't up to 30 goal a season Premier standard but was still creeping around double figures most of the time he was there, only started struggling as he reached his mid 30's. He'd had a good 10 years of goal scoring pedigree before his spell at Plymouth with Holloway and with a record of a goal every other game for the first 5 years of his professional career suggests he wasn't "turd" he just didn't get loads in the Premiership. Holloway got a decent spell on his way back down out of him but Hayles always had that ability. His top goal tally in the Premiership isn't that bad at 12 for a newly promoted side. Can't really blame a bloke for aging!

Holloway is brilliant at getting the best out of players.

Hell he's got Luke Varney who was struggling to get into a Championship team playing well, DJ Campbell who Leicester fans thought very little of playing out his skin, Charlie Adam who couldn't get into an SPL side likewise.

Jordan, really ? Try being an Arsenal fan during the transfer windows ... WE ACTUALLY FUCKING NEED PEOPLE ... and Wenger only trolls the middle schools for the 2022 EPL season's superstar.

really now, an Arsenal fan would never speak like that. -_-

Actually scratch that, an Arsenal fan would do well to actually type at all.

Well, when your only January signing is this:

Ryo Miyaichi - Chukyodai Chuyko High School

As an Arsenal fan you realize that Arsene had already signed his "senior" player for the window and the only place he could possibly be looking was the London Recess League Tournament for more signings. I mean come on, if you don't get them interested at 10 they'll never sign when they're 14 <_<

Holloway is brilliant at getting the best out of players.

Hell he's got Luke Varney who was struggling to get into a Championship team playing well, DJ Campbell who Leicester fans thought very little of playing out his skin, Charlie Adam who couldn't get into an SPL side likewise.

Pity he was acting the cock for weeks about Houllier talking about Adams, yet openly did it himself on numerous occasions. Ugly little weasel.

Barry Hayles was a good player and was a big part in getting Fulham up to a stable Premiership side. He probably wasn't up to 30 goal a season Premier standard but was still creeping around double figures most of the time he was there, only started struggling as he reached his mid 30's. He'd had a good 10 years of goal scoring pedigree before his spell at Plymouth with Holloway and with a record of a goal every other game for the first 5 years of his professional career suggests he wasn't "turd" he just didn't get loads in the Premiership. Holloway got a decent spell on his way back down out of him but Hayles always had that ability. His top goal tally in the Premiership isn't that bad at 12 for a newly promoted side. Can't really blame a bloke for aging!

We signed Hayles from non-league Stevenage Borough to Bristol Rovers before Fulham, which was the time I was talking about more than his time at Plymouth. But I agree, he wasn't bad in any sense before hand. I didn't mean it that way. Wrong choice of words, you could say.

I'm delighted with our (Villa's) activity in this season's January transfer window. I've always had doubts about Houllier and that rumors that surfaced in December of Fredric Piquionne being in main target in the window didn't really have me thinking any better of him. But instead, he has gotten rid of the under achievers such as Carew, Sidwell, Curtis Davies and Stephen Ireland and replaced them with proven quality in Darren Bent, Jean Makoun and and Michael Bradley. And from what I've read, Kyle Walker has great potential and having him as a stop gap for 6 months is a bonus.

It's just a shame Houllier can't get Stephen Ireland playing. It seems his head just isn't in the right place at the moment.

We signed Hayles from non-league Stevenage Borough to Bristol Rovers before Fulham, which was the time I was talking about more than his time at Plymouth. But I agree, he wasn't bad in any sense before hand. I didn't mean it that way. Wrong choice of words, you could say.

At Rovers he still averaged a goal every other game though. Superb game changing player, wish we'd had more bonuses to do with sell on fees, or just kept him, Borough would be in the Premiership by now :shifty:

However the reference to DJ Campbell. Fuck knows how he done good, barely hit a barn door for us thus the release to someone stupid like Hayes and Yeading!

I'm delighted with our (Villa's) activity in this season's January transfer window. I've always had doubts about Houllier and that rumors that surfaced in December of Fredric Piquionne being in main target in the window didn't really have me thinking any better of him. But instead, he has gotten rid of the under achievers such as Carew, Sidwell, Curtis Davies and Stephen Ireland and replaced them with proven quality in Darren Bent, Jean Makoun and and Michael Bradley. And from what I've read, Kyle Walker has great potential and having him as a stop gap for 6 months is a bonus.

It's just a shame Houllier can't get Stephen Ireland playing. It seems his head just isn't in the right place at the moment.

To be fair to Houllier the rumours about Piquionne came from the Mirror. I wouldn't wipe my arse with that rag of a paper. They also have that bellend twat Holt who is constantly ridiculing the club because MON is no longer there.