The January Transfer Window 2011

Lineker

Well best not to copy the nonsensical ramblings of others. They'll only make you look silly. -_-

Not quite nonsensical or rambling. Just a joke made before we actually signed Suarez and Carroll and before we sold Torres with me being too lazy to edit it.

Watching fans turn on their beloved players will never get old.

I don't disagree with the fact that if he's unhappy and wants to leave then there is no point in keeping someone. It's just when a few weeks before this the fact that he's saying he wants to stay and turn things around, he's happy, and previous stuff like "oh i want my kids to be scousers" and sulking during games. Fair play if someone wants to move it's just the manner in which they do so or want to that's why it pisses people off no matter how beloved they may be ie look at Rooney earlier on in the season, Tevez etc etc and compare it to others who do it in a different manner.

It is a job to footballers. They often really couldn't give a toss about the fans.

Couldn't agree more. You do get a few who actually do care but yeh it's just "another day another pound" for most of them

No I thought that, they wouldn't risk spending 35 mil on Carroll & 22.8mil on Suarez if he was only going to be a caretaker manager.

Fair play on Blackpool though keeping Charlie Adam, be interesting to hear if Newcastle did manage to get someone in on time as a temporary measure

Where did your avatar go? >_>

I can't have a picture of Torres in a Liverpool kit as my avatar now can I :P

No I thought that, they wouldn't risk spending 35 mil on Carroll & 22.8mil on Suarez if he was only going to be a caretaker manager.

Fair play on Blackpool though keeping Charlie Adam, be interesting to hear if Newcastle did manage to get someone in on time as a temporary measure

Stokerino's sig...

Ewb mobile doesn't have sigs :(

Stokerino's sig...

I...have no sig? :unsure:

• Admin

Elsewhere... Leeds have signed Manchester City goalkeeper David Gonzalez on loan until the end of the season. Leicester City boss Sven-Goran Eriksson has signed former Portugal goalkeeper Ricardo until the end of the season, subject to international clearance. Stoke City striker Tuncay has joined at German club Wolfsburg for £4.5m and signed a three-and-a-half-year deal. And Blackburn completed a transfer deadline day double by signing striker Ruben Rochina and midfielder Mauro Formica. Rochina, 19, joins from Barcelona on a four-and-a-half-year deal, and Formica, 22, arrives from Argentina's Newell's Old Boys on a contract running to 2014.

One Newcastle fan has fixed the fact that Carroll is Mr. February on the Newcastle calender:

post-5680-0-45608200-1296519576_thumb.jp

So who did United sign today then? Oh that's right, no-one :( I feel left out.

We're still winning the league though! :D

There is word on Gabriel Obertan wanting a transfer out of Old Trafford though, not sure if he is home-sick or just fed up with the lack of games.

Stokerino's sig...

Well now is the perfect time, especially when he bags one for you at the weekend.

From the most expensive transfer in British football history, to the least:

Bristol Rovers hit upon the signing of Jean-Paul Kalala from Yeovil Town on a free transfer, signing him on a permanent contract until 30th June of this year.

We're fucked :angry:

It's a fair point. I don't blame him but naturally once I see him in a Chelsea kit I'll readily be hoping somebody gives him a good twatting - it's that feeling of hurt any real football fan gets.

Usually stays until you play them again at your own stadium. They usually are on the bench or have an absolute nightmare.

To be fair, it's not like United needed to sign anybody.

I would have took an extra midfielder or winger, especially because we have let Cleverley stay at Wigan. We've just got to hope Giggs and Scholes stay fit for the rest of the season now, Valencia should be back soon too, which hopefully will be a big boost if he can find his form after his broken leg.

Torres: "It's every footballers dream to play for a big club and I can finally do that now"

Ouch.

This is coming from the guy who said:

"It's one of the best, if not the best, club in Europe." when he joined us.

Still atleast it shows that no player is bigger than the club and we've been able to bring in two good young strikers who will hopefully be able to make an impact together. Makes the Prem awhole lot more interesting though how will Torres/Drogba pair up, can Chelsea make a late surge back into the title race, will this put a dent in Liverpool.

He's got the quality, just be interesting to see how he'll work with Drogba and if this is a sign of looking more to the future what with Chelseas problem of having a bit of an ageing squad.

James Beattie is fucking awful. I actually remember being upset when he joined Everton instead of us. His career has went down the pan alright.

This is coming from the guy who said:

"It's one of the best, if not the best, club in Europe." when he joined us.

Still atleast it shows that no player is bigger than the club and we've been able to bring in two good young strikers who will hopefully be able to make an impact together. Makes the Prem awhole lot more interesting though how will Torres/Drogba pair up, can Chelsea make a late surge back into the title race, will this put a dent in Liverpool.

He's got the quality, just be interesting to see how he'll work with Drogba and if this is a sign of looking more to the future what with Chelseas problem of having a bit of an ageing squad.

Footballers are twats. They see an instant raise in their pay and and can't turn it down. Nobody would in any other job though.

Edited by ONO

Stokerino's sig...

Well now is the perfect time, especially when he bags one for you at the weekend.

How about this?

Torres.jpg

(H)