The January Transfer Window 2011

Lineker

I'm torn on us signing Darren Bent.On one hand, we need a striker who can score goals. And Bent clearly can. But on the other hand, £20m? And why the fuck are Sunderland so keen to flog him? I thought they were in a decent financial position or has he just been that bad this year?

Don't believe the Sunderland fans now saying they are glad he's away. They were laughing at the prospect of him leaving yesterday on one of their main forums. It was hilarious because as she scrolled down the page you realised they found out it wasn't bollocks and he was off. :lol:

The Babel move is for the best. He's never really delivered as anything more than an impact substitute. N'Gog has already surpassed him to an extent.

I do hope he keeps telling stories on Twitter. Birmingham Mail reporting press conference won't be until 6:30-7pm and we have to patient. I can't handle this shit. >_>

EDIT: And it is officially confirmed by Villa and BBC Sport that he has signed already. I wonder what the hold up is? These conferences are always late, but I can't remember one being this late?

Edited by ONO

I don't understand the Pienaar to Spurs move. They have Modric, VdV and Kranjcar, 2 are world class, 1 is almost world class and would be an asset to basically every team in the Premier League. Pienaar plays on the exact same position as them. Why not give a guy like Bostock a chance as a back-up instead of wasting a shitload of money on Pienaar who's nearing his 30's?

Also, where do the Spurs get the money from? They keep spending so much money.

Pienaar's still got a couple of years before he's 30 - he's not much older than VDV.

Also, the £2.5mil Tottenham are spending on him is pretty much ALL covered by the selling-on fee that Spurs are receiving for the Darren Bent deal. Free player - groovy huh. ^_^

Basically if this drops Jenas down the pecking order then I am delighted.

I think the Bent deal could work out well for both parties, assuming Sunderland are allowed to spend the money. For starters Bent's awesome and will help Villa, who've been in need of a good striker for ages. And Sunderland are basically safe from relegation now, and Bruce will have a pretty big war chest to reshape the squad. They should've asked for Stephen Ireland in part exchange :shifty:

The only reason Spurs are paying any money for Pienaar at all (rather than picking him up for free in the summer) is because Chelsea popped in at the last minute to force their hand.

If this is the beginning of a new Needlessly Aggravate Tottenham In As Many Tiny Ways As Possible policy at Chelsea, I approve. :pervert:

I can't see Suarez coming to Liverpool. Why would he? He'd be better off waiting at Ajax until a decent team wants him, preferably in Spain, so he can join all his other Hispanic pussy buddies.

Those pussies sure looked bad in the World Cup eh ? <_< Suarez is bad ass, don't be mad.

" Emmanuel Adebayor is being tracked by Ligue 1 strugglers AS Monaco, according to Sky Sports. "

I hope they do buy him and he goes to a team that gets relegated to Ligue 2 in France ... that'd be awesome

"Spurs are once again being linked with Luis Fabiano, with reports suggesting a £15 million bid is in the offing for the Sevilla striker."

So we (Sheff U) have signed Marcus Bent on loan for the season. I remember when he was good! :D

In all honesty, if he's half as good as when we had him last time, he should be able to grab enough goals to pull us away from the relegation zone.