The January Transfer Window 2011

Lineker

• Admin

Everton news:

Everton have signed 17-year-old English-born defender Eric Dier on loan from Sporting Lisbon for the remainder of the season; while Victor Anichebe and Seamus Coleman have both signed new four-and-a-half-year contracts.

The 6ft 2in centre-back moved to Portugal aged seven when his mother got a job working at Euro 2004 and is contracted to Sporting until 2013.

Although his family have since returned to Britain, he stayed out in Lisbon.

Dier, who will join the club's academy, has previously interested Manchester United, Tottenham and Arsenal.

The player, who could be eligible for joint English-Portuguese nationality when he turns 18, is the grandson of former Football Association secretary Ted Croker.

_49500652_dier282.jpg

"One early line from the tabloids this morning sees Liverpool reported to be closing in on the £18million signing of Ajax forward Luis Suarez."

"Reports are reaching us from Holland that Eidur Gudjohnsen could be set to end his unhappy spell with Stoke with Ajax and PSV both keen on the veteran striker."

"Another rumour doing the rounds this morning sees Fulham boss Mark Hughes linked with a loan swoop for young Chelsea striker Gael Kakuta."

"Blackburn are keen to secure the services of key defender Chris Samba by offering the defender, who has been linked with Aston Villa and Arsenal, a new deal at Ewood Park, according to reports this morning."

"Aston Villa defender Stephen Warnock could be on his way out of the club following an apparent bust-up with Gerard Houllier, if reports in this morning's papers are to be believed."

"Reports in Italy suggest that Aston Villa, West Ham and Everton are ready to challenge Sunderland for the signature of Inter Milan's Sulley Muntari."

"Tottenham are reported to be tracking Giuseppe Rossi with Villarreal believed to be ready to accept a £16.5million bid for the striker's services."

More news;

"Stoke City have accepted a bid of £3m from Sunderland for striker Ricardo Fuller, reports BBC Radio Stoke."

"Gary Cahill continues to attract attention in the transfer market and we've cut him to 6/4 to join Arsenal (from 3/1) as speculation mounts the Bolton defender could be heading to the Emirates."

"Sheffield Wednesday defender Darren Purse has left the League One promotion chasers by mutual consent."

"Huddersfield have signed experienced goalkeeper Nick Colgan on a short-term deal until the end of the season."

"Skysports.com understands Exeter City midfielder Ryan Harley has agreed a three-and-a-half year contract to join Swansea City."

"Port Vale manager Jim Gannon has signed Romaine Sawyers and Kayleden Brown on 28-day loans from West Bromwich Albion."

"Swindon Town look to have won the race to sign Alfreton Town defender Aden Flint in a £150,000 transfer after beating off competition from Colchester United."

"Reports from Spain suggest that Dani Alves has rejected Barcelona's offer of a new contract. With the Brazil international's current deal due to expire in June 2012, there have been suggestions that Manchester City could be interested."

Edited by Jordan

I see Jordan has become the EWB equivalent of the Ceefax football rumors page.

I bring the news to the people who need the news! Keeps me busy throughout my morning though when I have fuck all to do, I'm gonna be bored once the transfer window closes :(

• Admin

I see Jordan has become the EWB equivalent of the Ceefax football rumors page.

I bring the news to the people who need the news! Keeps me busy throughout my morning though when I have fuck all to do, I'm gonna be bored once the transfer window closes :(

People still use Ceefax?