The January Transfer Window 2011

Lineker

I guess there's also the possibility that this has been bubbling about for the past few days, hence Liverpool's sudden rush to sell Babel to Hoffenheim instead of using him as bait for Suarez.

It seems Liverpool have fucked up here unless they break their transfer record or Ajax back down.

A couple of completed deals for todays;

Henri Lansbury [Arsenal - Norwich City] Loan

Gary O'Neil [Middlesbrough - West Ham] Undisclosed

Sam Wedgbury [Macclesfield - Altrincham] Loan

SWP needs to get a loan move somewhere really, he's not gonna benefit from staying at City. Surely someone like West Ham/Wolves would be interested in having him??

Real Madrid announce they have reached agreement with Manchester City for Emmanuel Adebayor to join the Spanish club on loan until the end of this season, with an option to buy this summer

Chelsea have denied making that massive bid for Aguero that was mentioned in the Premier League thread.

What is most likely to have happened is the following:

1) Chelsea showed some interest some weeks ago, near the beginning of the window (either just an inquiry or a much more modest bid)

2) Nothing came of the bid, and it lapsed for a couple of weeks.

3) General Manager of Atletico Madrid, Miguel Angel Gil (a man who has regularly spouted such BS in recent years it is unreal), makes up a massive number and proclaims to the world that he heroically fought off the interests of the dastardly foreign clubs to protect the interests of Atletico - and lo, the fans did rejoice.

This is basically the same crap that Chelsea go round and round on with regard to Sergio Aguero, as has been the case for coming close to 5 years now.

As a sort of addendum to the above, I was amused by this tweet from The Guardian's Spanish football guy Sid Lowe regarding the Chelsea/Aguero story:

Worth bearing something in mind: Cerezo is a compulsive liar

(Cerezo being the president of Atletico)

Chelsea forum's currently 'asploding over rumours that the David Luiz negotiations have been completely aborted.

It would be funny if it hadn't happened so many times before.

And if Chelsea hadn't loaned out Kakuta and PVA to Fulham and Leicester respectively earlier today, leaving us with a smaller squad than Wigan and the distinct possibility of ending this transfer window with fewer players than the few we had going in.

• Admin

Here's some massive news for metalman.

Gabon midfielder Willy Aubameyang has joined Kilmarnock from AC Milan after impressing on trial.

The 23-year-old is expected to sign until the end of the season after being released by the Serie A club.

Kilmarnock manager Mixu Paatelainen told BBC Scotland: "He is listed on many websites as a striker, but he will be a midfielder for us.

"He is a strong player, technically gifted with relative pace and I hope he will improve while with us."

Uncertainty remains about the future of Alexei Eremenko, whose impressive form on loan to Kilmarnock from Metalist Kharkiv has attracted the interest of other clubs.

But Paatelainen said Aubameyang was not being viewed as a potential replacement for Eremenko should Metalist accept an offer for the Finland international before the January transfer window closes.

"If we lose any players, we would look to replace them, although we are limited with the wages we can offer," said Paatelainen.

Neither did Paatelainen see Aubameyang as possible cover for top scorer Conor Sammon, who this month rejected a £600,000 transfer to Championship strugglers Scunthorpe United.

"He can play up front, but he is not usually a striker," said Paatelainen, who earlier in the month added former Le Havre midfielder Benjamin Laurant to his squad.

"My contacts told me that Aubameyang was available, I had a look at him and I liked what I saw.

"He can play various positions and I think he will be a good addition to the squad."

Aubameyang, whose brothers Catilina and Pierre-Emerick also played for Milan, joined the Serie A club from Triestina in 2005 and made his first-team debut in December 2007.

However, he spent the following seasons on loan to Avellino and the Belgians Eupen before heading to Italian third-tier outfit Monza for the first half of this term.

Now, like Catilina, who is with Ajaccio, he has left the San Siro and will sign for Kilmarnock when the paperwork is completed on Thursday.

Meanwhile, Paatelainen revealed that there had been further inquiries about Sammon.

However, he added: "There have been no concrete bids as yet."

We've signed some chap called Willy Aubameyang from AC Milan. Also got Benjamin Laurent from Le Havre, the Swede Billy Berntsson, the Fin Anssi Jaakkola and Frenchman William Gros (William Fat!). We've got quite the cosmopolitan team.

Also Connor Sammon rejected Scunthorpe, and Cameron Bell and Eremenko are still part of the team.

Been a good transfer window for us so far. :)

Chelsea forum's currently 'asploding over rumours that the David Luiz negotiations have been completely aborted.

It would be funny if it hadn't happened so many times before.

And if Chelsea hadn't loaned out Kakuta and PVA to Fulham and Leicester respectively earlier today, leaving us with a smaller squad than Wigan and the distinct possibility of ending this transfer window with fewer players than the few we had going in.

Some newspapers here in Portugal are claiming that the negotiations are still going

We've signed some chap called Willy Aubameyang from AC Milan. Also got Benjamin Laurent from Le Havre, the Swede Billy Berntsson, the Fin Anssi Jaakkola and Frenchman William Gros (William Fat!). We've got quite the cosmopolitan team.

Also Connor Sammon rejected Scunthorpe, and Cameron Bell and Eremenko are still part of the team.

Been a good transfer window for us so far. :)

Fat Willy surely?

• Like 1