The January Transfer Window 2011

Lineker

In fairness, that's the key problem with African players nowdays <_<

The culture of identity theft and shifty agent deals is one of the reasons why hardly anyone wants to blow money on an 18 year old African 'wonderkid' tearing up the youth leagues if it turns out that he's 24.

Look at Kanu for instance, he's clearly 40!

Suarez and Torres up front for Liverpool eh? Now that could turn out to be a hell of a partnership. If Liverpool got Charlie Adam, or someone with similar midfield passing abilities, along with Gerrard and a good wide player or two, Liverpool could be an attacking force in the league.

I hope United sign someone before the window closes, a midfielder would be preferable, we're gonna need as many quality players as possible for the run in.

They might aswell have got Suarez now because they will need a quality striker eventually, and a player of Suarez's quality might not be available in the summer say? They definately need to sign 2 or 3 defenders now though.

So, has Torres actually been quoted as saying "I want to move to Chelsea," then?

Sky Sports News seem to think so - it's all they've been banging on about.

Ballague has blogged that Torres wants negotiations to continue, but it should be pointed out that he's almost never right with his rumours concerning Liverpool, even when Rafa was here.

Suarez is a very good signing, of course there are other areas that need attention as well but you don't look to rebuild the whole team in the middle of the season. One or two players, sure, but we were never going to sign five or six players during this window.

Werder Bremen have made a bid for Niko Krancjar, 'Arry says "You're 'avin a larf, ain't ya?" (I'm presuming, I haven't read the whole article yet).

Hope Niko stays in the Premier League - I've had a soft spot for him since he played for Portsmouth and scored crackers like this:

Loving the Vela to WBA news. Vela and Odemwingie could form quite the tandem.

EDIT: 'Arry suggests that Niko doesn't see the point of leaving for Germany but, with Pienaar arriving, I'd imagine being primarily a squad player may make him think twice.

This Torres stuff is madness. I'm just not going to check the news/gossip between now and when I get back from the Everton game circa 8pm tomorrow. Hopefully that way I'll be able to miss out at least a few cycles of YES-NO-MAYBE-NO-YES-MAYBE and find myself exactly where I started.

Torres going would be bad, it would dent the fragile confidence that is being imbued into the Liverpool squad at the moment. He won't go to Chelsea, not without a massive bid, and I don't think Chelsea really want him. It's posturing and PR.

Jonathan Woodgate has turned down a move to Wolves cause he wants to fight for his place at Spurs.

Lots of goalkeepers being linked to United for the summer since VDS is retiring at the end of the season, I can't see us buying any players in January except maybe some youngsters we are being linked to.

As for Torres I can see him moving in the summer to Chelsea or back to Spain and I think he'd be a fantastic signing even if he's injury prone you give him the service and he can still make magic happen.

Edited by The Future

Surely Torres could have waited until the end of the season? I'd just let him go Chelsea for £35million or whatever they bid, Liverpool could get another decent striker with that money, and atleast they'd have a striker who'd want to be at the club. Every time I see Torres play this season he plays with no passion or spirit, he seems like he'd be happier somewhere else.