The January Transfer Window 2011

Lineker

If they can get Anelka in exchange plus the money, then I say do it. Anelka has not only matured as a player and person, but he's also more than proven at Liverpool's current level and would be a great influence for David N'Gog, a future star for the French national team. I can only see wages as being an issue (I wouldn't want to put Anelka on too high a wage if it can be helped). For the time being, he's a fantastic stop gap.

Then, some extra monies to invest in and provide reinvention over the summer. Result.

As good as Torres is, any player are only as good as they are motivated and working hard. Pele would have been shite had he not put the effort in and wanted to play. A moody, unresponsive Torres is not worth keeping.

Liverpool have to bear in mind that if they price themselves too high, Chelsea may well just make a bid for Aguero and that's the end of that.

Actually, Chelsea bidding for Aguero would give Athletico the funds to buy back Torres.

So in a roundabout logic kind of way that might work >_>

Robbie Keane to West Ham on loan, according to BBC.

So, Keane gets to play football. Spurs (presumably) get his wages paid for them. West Ham get to throw more money away so as to increase the size of the financial collapse when they inevitably get relegated.

Everybody wins.

Redknapp's saying that the squad is shattered and he's got no cover in the defence.

So I expect a couple of panic signings from Spurs today. The strongest offers seem to be for Scott Parker and Andy Carroll. Neither club wants to sell them but if Spurs threw enough money at them then they might go for it. Keane going to West Ham - just on loan unless West Ham stay up, seems to go against Tottenham's demand that Keane would only go if it was permanent....So that might be to soften West Ham up for Parker. It wouldn't be a popular sale though for them.

Huddlestone's out long term so Tottenham really need a midfielder who can get stuck in cos Sandro ain't it and Palacios hasn't been the same since his brother was murdered.

I don't think Kranjcar will be going today though....I just think Redknapp wants to keep him and we DO need him with the busy end to the season, with numerous midweek games.

A big final day in the window then, heres what's being said early doors;

"According to a report in The Sun, Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish will make a £30million move for Newcastle striker Andy Carroll if Fernando Torres leaves to join Chelsea."

"According to reports in the Gazzetta dello Sport, Juventus want to sign Royston Drenthe on loan for the rest of the season. Drenthe is currently on loan at Hercules from Real Madrid, but the Holland international is keen to end that arrangement as he has not been paid fully."

"Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has denied making a fresh bid for Andy Carroll, although accepted his chairman may have done. He was also quiet on links with Fernando Llorente, Sergio Aguero, Alvero Negredo and Giuseppe Rossi."

"Chris Eagles is leaving his future in Burnley's hands after admitting Everton are keen to offer him a return to the Premier League. Everton are reportedly prepared to pay £4million to sign Eagles as a replacement for Steven Pienaar."

"Manchester City midfielder Michael Johnson could be joining Portsmouth on loan."

"Sky Sports sources understand Stoke City forward Tuncay is having a medical at Wolfsburg."

If I had to guess, I would say Tottenham will be the busiest club in the market today. They surely need a new defender or two, whilst they have been linked with numerous midfielders and strikers. The windows closes at 11pm this evening for those who don't know.

All this Andy Carroll toak is making me nervous, they had better fuck off and find someone else.

Seriously though, Liverpool is only a minor if any step up at this stage and would have to adapt their game to suit a player like Carroll. He'd never be able to nail down a permanent first choice role right away, which will only stump is growth in the long run.

Please don't go Andy. :(

Edited by The Cool One

Liverpool full-back Paul Konchesky has joined Nottingham Forest on loan.

Is this out of the blue or was there talk of a loan deal to Forest, I assumed he was on his way back to Fulham? Be a decent signing for Forest in their promotion push anyhow.

I'll no doubt be following intently, not because I expect much to happen but becausd it will provide some much needed entertainment. We're fools if we spend 30m on Carroll; he's a good player but he's an absolute prick and you can't be spending that much money on somebody liable to having a Collymore-esque meltdown. If we can get Anelka + at least 40m I'd sell Torres but that's literally the only deal I'd do. Shame to see we're not interested in Sturridge - we could use the 20 goals he'd inevitably score.

• Like 3

I'd rather have 45-50mil and Anelka but I can see it being 40mil + Anelka............ Atleast Suarez passed a medical and agreed terms yesterday but I don't want us to start bidding and paying too much money for people like Andy Carroll who aren't worth 30mil.

I'll no doubt be following intently, not because I expect much to happen but becausd it will provide some much needed entertainment. We're fools if we spend 30m on Carroll; he's a good player but he's an absolute prick and you can't be spending that much money on somebody liable to having a Collymore-esque meltdown. If we can get Anelka + at least 40m I'd sell Torres but that's literally the only deal I'd do. Shame to see we're not interested in Sturridge - we could use the 20 goals he'd inevitably score.

(Y) Speaking of which, he may be on his way to Bolton on loan.

Edit: Some sources are now confirming Sturridge to Bolton on loan.

Edited by Jordan

Some Chelsea fans are saying "there's no way the board is dumb enough to send Sturridge out on loan (having already done so with Kakuta) if Torres weren't coming in".

No. They're exactly that dumb. Have these people not paid attention to all the Chelsea transfer fuck-ups of the past few years?

Still don't think it will happen.

Pardew's press conference has been delayed by 90 minutes and moved to St James' Park. This to me signifies an unveiling (Ireland?) rather than any sign Carroll is going anywhere. Either that, or their press officer is stuck in traffic.