The January Transfer Window 2011

Lineker

Liverpool, stop going after Keisuke Honda! :angry: You'll make me dislike him like I now dislike Joe Cole.

Now if he went to Villa that would be ok. For a couple of years now I've wished that Harry would show some interest in him, he'd serve us well although he often kind of plays for Japan in the VDV free role and VDV is a better player. Still, COME TO SPURS and then they'll show even more Tottenham games on TV over here and they'll stock more Tottenham shirts in the sports shops - he's pretty much their main man now that Nakata's retired.

Early rumours in the papers;

"Sunderland chairman Niall Quinn has ruled out a move for Tottenham striker Robbie Keane as they search for a replacement for Darren Bent."

"Sunderland boss Steve Bruce will approach his former manager Sir Alex Ferguson about signing Manchester United veteran Michael Owen this month as a replacement for Darren Bent."

"Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor has been cleared to approach his old club Monaco with a view to a cut-price £9m transfer."

"Tottenham are weighing up a move to bring Villarrreal's Giuseppe Rossi, formerly of Manchester United, back to English football, according to the Independent."

"Everton players Victor Anichebe and Seamus Coleman have both signed new four-and-a-half year deals at the club."

"Reports in France suggest that Fulham have moved into pole position ahead of Bordeaux and Lille in the race to sign Chelsea youngster Gael Kakuta on loan. The 19-year-old playmaker, who is tired to the Stamford Bridge club until 2015, is keen to bolster his first-team experience."

"Bolton have signed defender David Wheater from Middlesbrough for an undisclosed fee on a three-and-a-half-year deal."

See I would have been happy for Owen to go before Christmas, the lad deserves better than sitting on the bench every week. But now Macheda has gone out on loan with Wellbeck already at Sunderland and Diouf at Blackburn, if he goes it leaves us with only 3 recognised forwards in Berbatov, Rooney and Hernandez. Granted Bebe and Obertan could possibly play a more central attacking role if needed but with them being played mainly in wide areas so far in their short United careers, it would be a bit of a gamble.

So I'd much prefer to keep Owen unless Fergie is gonna call back Wellbeck, or to a lesser extent Diouf but in reality a loan signing for a striker is maybe the better option. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens...

Edited by Jordan

I doubt Utd will get rid of a striker just to bring another in on loan, who'll then need time to settle in. If Owen gets sold/let go, I still can't see us bringing another forward in.

Berba, Roo and Chicharito are there, and with Park and Valencia back soon, Nani could play higher up the pitch anyway.

That said, I hope we keep Owen.

I hope we keep him too. He's always good for an important goal or two off the bench. With Champs League back very soon we're gonna need four strikers so we best not get rid, if we do we might have to play O'Shea up front again!

I'd like Arsenal to sign Chris Samba, he's just the sort of no nonsense beast that they need at the back. I would also like them to keep Sczcesny between the sticks, I think he has a great deal of potential. Other than that, shipping out Bendtner and Denilson and replacing them with better models, I don't think Arsene has to do too much more.

Hong Kong club South China have followed up their signing of Nicky Butt with the capture of former Chelsea striker Mateja Kezman.

He's apparently talking to Stoke, but reports in Norway suggest John Carew could be heading to Sunderland.

Turin-based newspaper Tuttosport reports that Diego Forlan’s agent was in the city yesterday, leading to speculation that the Atletico Madrid striker could be joining the Bianconeri. The club could also sign Wolfsburg’s Italian defender Andrea Barzagli.

Forland at Juventus ? Fuck yes please.

LCS - I agree, there isn't 'much' to do at Arsenal but the moves are vital. We NEED another defender and Samba would be amazing. At this point, while there isn't a whole lot to complain about with him, I've grown tired of Bendtner and wouldn't mind a switch for another attacker. I'd love if we could snag Honda and displace one of our other mids.

Imagine if an actual top player signed for a club in Turkey?

Take it you missed when Michael Stewart went to some team in Turkey I can't for the life of me spell. :shifty:

Although it was pretty funny seeing the fans go crazy for Kenny Miller arriving, it reminds me greatly of the mass celebration they had when Darius Vassell arrived there.

Edited by Cadj

You've got people like Harry Kewell, Milan Baros etc who have went and played or still play in Turkey now. Theres a few decent people who have went but Anelka is probably the biggest i can think of

Just read that MCFC have ruled out a move for Lukaku. Also, can I ask that someone in the Lower Leagues takes Matt Tubbs from Crawley please, he's making it very difficult for Luton to go up with his consistant scoring.

I would LOVE for Bristol Rovers to sign Tubbs at the moment. But it has to be a good deal for us to take him. We need another striker, even if everyone keeps talking about getting a "target man" striker. Everyone seems to forget it was Rickie Lambert's talent on the ball that made him so vital for us, not just his height.