Some thread about the law surrounding parody

Serious Parody

Wrestling Manager is finally on the App Store!

I sincerely hope you all like it and feedback is very important to us so if you see ways to improve it, let us know and we'll get a patch out as soon as possible. We're aiming to put new features in the game roughly once each month. We will do our best keep them free but in order for that to happen we need as many people to buy the game so that we can pay the developers to keep working on it.

• Like 1

And so many people said it wouldn't ever see the light of day.

Thank you for releasing this.

So I assume this post means you'll be supporting Serious Parody with your wallet as well?

He has a point TBH

Whether the game is good or not, a couple of posters here likely owe him an apology for stating that he was basically full of shit.

Don't you see he's trying, Quom?

Anyway, I'd be willing to buy this and report back to the group since I have a little bit of disposable income just now, but I don't have an iOS-compatible device. I probably can't run it from an emulator, can I?

$9.99?! Nigga you crazy!

Football Manager = $9.99

Wrestling Manager = $9.99

It's a cool game dude. It's the kind of game you can play for months (believe me, I have been) and we plan to release a new patch every month which we will always try to make free.

Football Manager is a well-known brand.

Wrestling Manager is not. Your game may be good (I don't know, I lack an iDevice), but you are pricing yourself out of the market. $10 for an unknown iPhone game is too much of a risk.

• Like 3

If this turns into an 80-page thread about the economics of publishing a wrestling game app featuring guys like The Overtaker and Palette-Swap Kane and Big Gay Boss Man, with JukeboxHero swooping in to +1 posts periodically and sahyder coming in to post condescending questions, I swear to god.

• Like 6

Guest JukeboxHero

I'd like to play it, but can't find it on the app store. Any help would be appreciated.

And yeah, I do think a few people owe him an apology, but that most likely won't happen. That's the nature of the beast here.

EDIT: Nevermind.

Like most others I didnt expect anything to come from the other topic, since these topics arent new on here and each one has lead to nothing but a few pictures of what the game would look like if the people behind them were serious.

Congratulations on actually getting the game done. I won't be buying it as I've grown out of wrestling sims. If I was still into it I probably still wouldnt since the price is so high for a game that is brand new and one that I have zero idea on how it plays, but that is how I am with ANY game. Not everyone will feel that way, so if you get enough buys then kudos. If not then you can always drop the price later on.

Edited by Vitamin E
  • Like 2

Snapped from my iPhone just now...

snap.png

So it's definitely on the App Store, not sure why you can't find it JBH. I won't be buying it because I'm not going to pay $10 for a game that I can't try a demo of first.