Some thread about the law surrounding parody

Serious Parody

I've got a lot of work this weekend, but if nobody has downloaded and given a good review by Monday, I'll purchase and let everybody know how it is.

Yeah, at that price point, a demo is definitely key.

I'm not sure the company will be releasing a demo any time soon. We're a really small company (6 developers) and we have to balance between new features and porting the game to other platforms because there are lots of people that want to play it but don't have a device. I'll make a video of some of the game later if that helps but but hopefully someone in this community will give it a try and spread the word. It's a decent game. It takes some figuring out and it's deep if you want it to be or it's simple if you want it to be.

All I can say is, the game as it stands is easily worth its money, then on top of that we have lots of patches planned for it and they will be free.

come out with an Android very and, if RPS' review is decent, I'll buy it

Though, I do have a question before i download the game...

Did you guys go through with naming characters Able who looked identical to Kane and a character who looked identical to Rob Van Dam and call him Rod Van Damn. I don't want to reopen the debate as it was stupid before and everybody was talking out their ass, just looking for a yes or no answer...

Did you guys go through with naming characters Able who looked identical to Kane and a character who looked identical to Rob Van Dam and call him Rod Van Damn. I don't want to reopen the debate as it was stupid before and everybody was talking out their ass, just looking for a yes or no answer...

We created 100% original characters like Able and Rod Van Damn. They are in no way affiliated with any wrestling promotion that we know about. ...

• Like 1

We created 100% original characters like Able and Rod Van Damn. They are in no way affiliated with any wrestling promotion that we know about. ...

I'M WATCHING YOU LOT

• Like 18

You seem to be missing the point that we don't want to buy it without trying it first. And no, your word is not good enough, considering it's your game.

• Like 2

I don't have iAnything, but kudos on going through with making the game. Whether people should ''apologise'' for doubting you is another matter, as everyone here has good reason to be skeptical when a guy signs up to tell us about a game he's creating.

I'm not after an apology. People are naturally skeptical but hopefully in future when I say I'm working on something, people will trust that.

• Admin

This got released - good to see. We always trusted that you were working on this but nobody can blame us for being skeptical as people 'making new games' have come and fallen by the wayside for years now. Kudos for following this through. However:

$9.99?! Nigga you crazy!

Football Manager = $9.99

Wrestling Manager = $9.99

It's a cool game dude. It's the kind of game you can play for months (believe me, I have been) and we plan to release a new patch every month which we will always try to make free.

Football Manager is a well-known brand.

Wrestling Manager is not. Your game may be good (I don't know, I lack an iDevice), but you are pricing yourself out of the market. $10 for an unknown iPhone game is too much of a risk.

Ruki is spot on with this post.

• Like 1

It was a choice between this at £6.99, and Minecraft Pocket Edition at £4.99. I have never played Minecraft, but I went with that. I could probably say yeah at the five quid margin, but £7 just seems excessive considering the market that you're competing with and the no name brand. You might want to consider a one day only sale of 50% off or something to get people to buy it and spread the word if they like it.

Still, good work on completing it, and best of luck :)

I honestly believe you'd sell A LOT more if the price was more like $5.99, as opposed to the $10 you're asking for now. Wrestling fans are likely to take a pop at it when it's cheap, but are unlikely to fork out on a game they don't know too much about. If a price reduction is out of the question, then the ''one day sale'' thing that Benji suggested is a good idea.

If 100 people bought it at $9.99 that means $999

If 200 people bought it at $4.99 that means $998 BUT an extra hundred people who have it and may well be telling friends about it if it's any good.

Simple business states that market share is what you need. The bigger the market share, the more visible your product and the more more people will ultimately buy it (if the product is getting good reviews of course).

For example, if it was $4.99 I can imagine at least 5 of the guys here would have bought it by now who haven't already because of the price.

If the game is poor then you're best served flogging it at about $2.99 and getting as many whim sales as you can before the bad reviews come rolling in.

However, price does not = quality in the buyer's eyes. Some of the best apps are for board games such as Ticket To Ride and the Reiner Knizia games. Those are pretty cheap but people don't think any less of them because they're cheap.

(I'm hardly an expert in these matters but I've been studying up a lot on business and marketing recently as I plan to open a Japanese bar after I return to the UK at the end of next year).