Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

On 2/16/2016 at 16:14, Ruki said:

Who wants some free steam games?

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/94153/

(Apparently the games offered will be changed in 48 or so hours)

If this is the Sega thing, they just changed today.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sega-is-giving-away-free-games-on-steam-update/1100-6434841/?utm_source=gamefaqs&utm_medium=partner&utm_content=news_module&utm_campaign=homepage

• Like 1

What was it? I was going to grab it, but I realized that there are probably some EWB members who probably need a free game more than I. 

2 hours ago, RPS said:

What was it? I was going to grab it, but I realized that there are probably some EWB members who probably need a free game more than I. 

The last prize pack from the SEGA MakelovenotWar deal

Renegade OPs
Sega Genesis & Mega Drive Classics
Viking: Battle of Asgard

I think it's a reusable code but it may only have a day or two before it expires.

So today saw the release of Stardew Valley, and whoever has played Harvest Moon in the past will no doubt recognize the gameplay in this huge homage towards the Harvest Moon / Rune Factory games. And I gotta say, having seen videos of it, I decided to buy the game on day 1 for an extremely fair 14 bucks on the Humble store (it gives a bigger cut to the dev, and the price was the same).

The game has been developed over the past three years by only one developer, with minimal help from others in this task. And in many ways it's not just a bonafide Harvest Moon type game, it adds to that by giving people an RPG mechanic, quest systems, a more robust friendship/courting system, more animals and crops, and even a combat system for people who rather fight monsters to make money rather than grow crops.

If you've played games like Harvest Moon and Rune Factory in the past, this game is definitely one to watch. And for 14 bucks it's a very cheap outlay for a game that's not early access or crowdfunded in a big way.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, apsham said:

It'd be more akin to Rune Factory then since the RF game is basically everything you said added on from the Harvest Moon games. It's a tad bit interesting to me, but the new Story of Seasons comes out March 1st so I might have to forgo it based off that alone.

This is fair enough, I for one do not own a 3DS, so being able to have a Harvest Moon(-esque) game on PC after all these years is extremely exciting.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LUKIE said:

The fourth instalment of Deponia is out!

I haven't even touched the first three yet but they're on my 'to do' list. Looks like its a fun game. I'll be sure to pick this one up at some point too.

The Humble Monthly Bundle is out and looks good. Ark: Survival Instinct, Wasteland 2: Director's Cut, Grav, Shantae & The Pirate's Curse, Sentinels of the Multiverse, I Am Bread and a couple of small Humble exclusive games too. Not bad for $12. Next month's bundle will have South Park: The Stick of Truth and This War of Mine included.

• Like 1