General Gaming Thread

TKz

I'm on like Chapter 3. Do you have it for the PS3? We should play together. Just have to relocate my mic.

I have you on my friends list for PS3. >_>

I don't know what Chapter I'm on. I'm like... 3-4 hours in maybe?

I just remember you were getting an XBOX so I wasn't sure what system you bought it on.

Also, forgot I have these games on the PSN to beat:

Dead Nation

Infamous

Borderlands

Limbo

Sonic 1

Sonic 2

Sonic Adventure

Sonic Episode 1

Tales from Monkey Island

Shit...

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is fucking awesome on the HD Collection. I tried it on the PSP but that controls sucked, but man, this is awesome.

I have found it hard to get into, because it is done so differently. But it is a really good game. I have to finish it at some point, and then go online with it.

I tried to play Snake Eater the other day for the first time in years and man, I found the way gunplay is handled to be so archaic. I mean, MGS has always been a bit... different with how it handled the third person shooter mechanics, but it feels so weird after playing games like Mass Effect and Uncharted. I'm really enjoying Peace Walker though, the amount of RPG elements is great. The only thing I'm not so keen on is the two weapon limit for each mission. I guess how it's spaced out helps because you can pick the right weapon for each mission, but two just doesn't feel like enough. I'd also like some more customization on the weapons, I don't know if I can pick up Silencers for the rest of them, but unless I can I get the feeling I'll be using one weapon for most of the game outside of boss fights.

Speaking of boss fights, the first one with the Tank was pretty awesome. I had just under enough ammo to take care of it, but found some laying around. A lot of fun and whilst challenging in finding the right place to hide, when to fire... it never got anywhere near being annoying. Reminded me a lot of the tank fight in MGS1 too.

I pretty much agree with all of that, I did find MGS 2+3 alot easier than I used to. And that first tank battle? I just love the weird music. >_>

Yeah I found 2+3 a lot easier as well. I think its an age thing to be honest. I found myself able to think much more methodically about what I was supposed to be doing where on the PS2 I just rushed headlong in without planning.

It's the same thing with how I play the PS1 Final Fantasys now too.

I was trying to play stealthy until I kept turning on the alarm. Then I found myself playing with the Shotgun a lot. I think I've been spoiled by the Fulton Recovery system. Hiding enemies seems like such effort now. >_>

My roommate just brought home a game called Dungeon Siege for PS3. Anyone played this before so I know what I'm getting into?

I've played it. Got about halfway through (I guess) before I got bored. It's decent but nothing spectacular.

Retrospectively it's a poor man's Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.