General Gaming Thread

TKz

PVP in most MMOs is generally shit and annoying, largely because of the playerbase. Even in the trial of TOR I had I ran into a lot of people that would pull the same shit, probably ex-WoW players. When I first started playing MMOs that sort of thing bothered me, but I learned pretty quickly to just ignore those assholes.

The funniest aspect of it has to be that the same people yelling are just standing there, barking orders at anyone who reads chat. We can't all be Patton...

So I started playing Rocksmith again, eight months after buying it. The most annoying part of the game? When you practice for gigs, you have to qualify to play any chosen song. However, the easy difficulties of said songs make it impossible to reach the required score for qualification. I've had to replay songs beyond when the program believes you should have qualified specifically because there was no possibility of reaching said score with the music given. I get that it gets you to practice the songs to the point where you're actually playing what the sheet music would read, but it's just annoying that the game doesn't automatically gauge the level at which you've been playing and adjust the difficulty accordingly.

It's been out for ages as a PS3/360 episodic download-y thing, and I normally hate those, as they're too expensive for what they are, but I'm loving the Back To The Future game now it's been released on Wii.

It's a fairly bog-standard point-and-click, it's corny, it's buggy, unresponsive and sometimes infuriating, but just when you think you're annoyed enough to give up, CHRISTOPHER LLOYD.

Epic Mickey 2 is apparently gonna' be out for all of the major consoles in the US. So happy about that, I might get both the 360 and the Wii version, just for kicks.

I'm trying not to get too excited about Epic Mickey 2 - I got myself all hyped up about the first one, and then it had camera-work straight out of a PS1 3D platformer, and it turned me right off. Apparently 2 has fixed the camera, but I'm still thinking there'll be something to throw a spanner in the works.

Same goes for Rayman on WiiU. It looks lovely, but it'll be as tremendous a disappointment as Origins was.

That said, Castle Of Illusion sequel for 3DS or something?!

A little while ago... I think on here, I saw a link to a browser-based football game where you had to point an arrow to direct your kicks and try and time your click on a bouncing ball for height and curve. You earned money, negotiated contracts and there were concentration mini-games to try and improve relations with the fans/teammates/manager/girlfriend.

Does anyone know what i'm talking about, and what's it called/what's the link?

A little while ago... I think on here, I saw a link to a browser-based football game where you had to point an arrow to direct your kicks and try and time your click on a bouncing ball for height and curve. You earned money, negotiated contracts and there were concentration mini-games to try and improve relations with the fans/teammates/manager/girlfriend.

New Star Soccer?

http://www.kongregate.com/games/siread/new-star-soccer

If so, I spent fucking ages on that, which I probably shouldn't have.

• Like 1

How was Origins a disappointment? I'm not looking to bash, just genuinely curious to see how one considers it a disappointment. I fucking loved it.

Maybe it's just the Wii version, but the sprites were tiny. Half the time, especially when doing chase levels, I couldn't see what the hell was going on, and I had to strain my eyes to read the text. Seemed a complete waste of fantastic artwork to make it borderline impossible to actually see. Couple that with not exactly inspired level design early on, and I just gave up on it.

New Star Soccer?

http://www.kongregate.com/games/siread/new-star-soccer

If so, I spent fucking ages on that, which I probably shouldn't have.

Yup. Bongo Dodongo was a superstar by age 23. Won every title in the English system except for a lower league championship.