General Gaming Thread

TKz

I hope the guys aren't out of work long. I know there's been plenty of recruitment drives and awareness made through social media, which I think is great. I also hope more Amalur DLC finds its way out, and probably the MMO as well, just as long as no one responsible for driving these companies into the ground see a penny from it.

Amalur did OK from what I can tell, but I think sales were somewhat hindered by the timing of the release over here, right before the shit hit the fan for GAME Group.

I don't want to make a thread for the game just yet until there's more concrete information, but has anybody been keeping up with the rumours about GTA V? IGN's got a list here, but beware - it has Red Dead and LA Noire spoilers within the list!

Some of it's bog standard stuff we've been hearing for like, every GTA game ever ("if you speed you'll get a wanted level!" I remember reading that one back in the summer before GTA:SA came out), but some of it's pretty specific stuff that sounds like it'd be cool - the inclusion of gangs, for example.

Gunfights being more realistic sounds rubbish though. Really hope that's not true.

All these leaks are bullshit. R* is probably the most tight lipped game developer in the world. Most of these leaks have barely any proof or have been proven false.

EDIT: This is a little more substantial but i'm still skeptical

Edited by deli2000

Gangs included was already in GTA-SA, and aren't they kinda using the crews in Max Payne to be used on GTA as well or some thing?

Would an American be interested in buying Crusader Kings II from Amazon US Download store while it's $10 for me. I can pay you back through Paypal, but I can't buy the game as I'm out of country. I'm hoping to play it over the summer mostly, since my desktop here can't run it, but I doubt it'll be at a better price than £6.50-ish before July.

The link is, just in case: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006ULENFG/ref=dsvrt_review_asin_detail

I could have sworn we had a "what are you playing" thread. Anyway. I've been trying to get Blitz 2 back ever since I sold it two years ago, the thing's rare as hell at a decent price. A friend spotted it in CEX last week and bought it for me, and my God I had forgotten just how much fun it is. The injury cams are grim, mind.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Amnesia

Psychonauts

LIMBO

Superbrothers: Swords & Sorcery EP

Bastion (If you pay more than the average - currently $6.59)

And the soundtracks!

That's a great set of games for cheap and charity!

I could only give a dollar (all that was left on my card) to the Humble Bundle because I spent my bi-monthly prepaid card on the Indie Royal bundle which ALSO came out today. You have to pay minimum with that one but you get:

http://www.indieroyale.com/

The Void

Dead Pixels

The Ship

1000 Amps

Laser Cat

AirMech BETA

I'll probably hit up the Humble BUndle again with the minimum to get Bastion if I can get another card in time.