General Gaming Thread

TKz

On the JRPG front, The Last Story kicks the ass of any Final Fantasy game since IX. It's one of the best RPGs I've played in years, possibly ever.

I've never got mad into "Western" RPGs - certainly not any recent ones. Baldur's Gate was okay, Diablo 1 & 2 were fantastic, and older stuff like the first few Ultima games and A Bard's Tale pretty much consumed my childhood, but MMORPG shit or Skyrim or whatever? Nah, I've no time for that.

Hell, I'm putting off playing Xenoblade just because I poured so much time into Last Story and Pandora's Tower that I felt I needed a pretty substantial break from anything remotely resembling an RPG.

I am 'this' close to beating Disgaea 4 (so, a year and a half to beat 1-4). Should be done tonight!

After that, jumping into Persona 3. But, might hold off on starting that for a few days. Jumping from one RPG into another might be draining. I need another action-y game.

So, I'm pretty close to finishing Red Dead Redemption, but I need to know something... After the story's over, can I go back to do the stranger tasks and trophy hunt? PS, the twist at the end was already spoiled to me...

You can, but you might want to get most or all of them done before the end of the story if you want to avoid a certain 'disappointment' that some fans were unhappy with.

So, I'm pretty close to finishing Red Dead Redemption, but I need to know something... After the story's over, can I go back to do the stranger tasks and trophy hunt? PS, the twist at the end was already spoiled to me...

You can, but you might want to get most or all of them done before the end of the story if you want to avoid a certain 'disappointment' that some fans were unhappy with.

What's the disappointment?

Anyone interested in pre-purchasing a Borderlands 2 four pack on steam, it'll come to £20 per when I include the 10% discount.

I've only just started playing the first and don't think anyone on my Steam plays it. I think I will be waiting until number 2 is discounted.

Torchlight II is the only game I feel I really want on release. Would totally be up for a group buy of that if anyone is interested (plus it works out cheaper for English people regardless of the discount as you guys get Steam taxed and pay $23USD as opposed to $19.95USD Australia and US pay - this is pre discount for multi pack which is even greater savings).

Get it on 360 instead! I want a foursome team on this one, rather than just Baddar playing for a few missions and then never coming back :shifty:

What a coincidence! Kaney, Dragsy and myself wanted a fourth person we can shout his own name at repeatedly!