General Gaming Thread

TKz

http://deadspin.com/5936800/game-over-nintendo-power-to-cease-publishing-after-24-years

As t' link says..Nintendo Power will stop publishing after 24 years. Damn...24 years. I still have some old ones at my parents house I think..

A new Star Trek game, this time a TPS, is coming out for PC and all of the current generation systems.

I wonder if this is the real reason that Star Trek (Abramsverse) 2 was delayed until 2013. If so, I suddenly have no issues with the delay.

All they have to do to make a Star Trek game is take Mass Effect, hire Patrick Stewart, done.

Don't forget Captain Anderson...wouldn't take much to dub in Avery Brooks as Captain Sisko in his place

Yeah, there's Champions Online and DC Online, but...yeah. City of Heroes is the only 'superhero' MMO that really felt fun and captured that comic book style. Maybe we'll see an Earth & Beyond style revival someday, but I doubt it.

Edit: In other news, Ubisoft has dropped the price of "Assassin's Creed" PC version to...well, free. This is the first game in the series, mind you, but the "Animus" collection has been sliced in price, as well.