General Gaming Thread

TKz

Do you mean that cutscene doesn't matter i.e. may as well skip, or that the length doesn't matter and you should watch it? It doesn't bother me too much (though I've not played it in a while), but its a pain when you've only got an hour spare to play and you're sat watching that the whole time. I find it kills the pacing of the game too.

Why the hell is Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 so expensive everywhere?

It was a great game, but not as good as the first, so it didn't sell a lot. So sadly it's caught in that awkward spot where there aren't many copies around but the popularity of avengers has put it in higher demand.

It's expensive as hell over on this side of the pond too. They both are. I only managed to get the first relatively cheap (just over £10) because I got a disc and manual only American copy.

Here's a look at Amazon.co.uk sellers for used copies on 360:

MUA1: £23 is the cheapest for a boxed copy. About £19 for a game/manual like I got.

MUA2: Just over £30 for a 'good' condition copy, £39 for 'very good'.

Just...the fuck. I suppose the Avengers movie didn't help because those games can be seen as an unoffical game for that, I suppose since I don't think it had a proper one at the same time as the movie. Plus a proper movie tie in game would be crap anyway.

I've heard nothing but good about Darksiders 2, but I hate the idea of playing a sequal without playing the original. Can anyone vouch for Darksiders?

If it's cheap, get it. It's a decent game, nothing amazing.

JRPGs are not bad, but western RPGs have made significant ground in improvement over the last ten years, and JRPGs have been left in the dust.

This statement makes no sense to me. The "Golden Age" of Western RPGs was in the 90's with Baldurs Gate, Icewind Dale and Fallout and all those. Today we have, urgh, annoying soulless sandbox games (or known more popular as "The games Bethesda makes") that apparently everyone thinks are the greatest thing ever. I mean, yes, Morrowind was good because it was creative and had actual work behind it but I was bored to tears by Oblivion and eventually by Skyrim.

JRPGs are not bad, but western RPGs have made significant ground in improvement over the last ten years, and JRPGs have been left in the dust.

This statement makes no sense to me. The "Golden Age" of Western RPGs was in the 90's with Baldurs Gate, Icewind Dale and Fallout and all those. Today we have, urgh, annoying soulless sandbox games (or known more popular as "The games Bethesda makes") that apparently everyone thinks are the greatest thing ever. I mean, yes, Morrowind was good because it was creative and had actual work behind it but I was bored to tears by Oblivion and eventually by Skyrim.

Wouldn't Mass Effect be a western RPG? Just sayin' >_>

Well, yes, Mass Effect is one of best Western RPGs to come along in years. Sadly, we also had to endure Dragon Age.

You know I love you, SRN. But that doesn't mean I won't beat you with my Dragon stick.

That's what I call me penis. :pervert:

I mean, yes, Morrowind was good because it was creative and had actual work behind it but I was bored to tears by Oblivion and eventually by Skyrim.

Oh, you're one of them rolleyes.gif

Explain to me what that means. A person who has a different opinion than you or what?

• Like 4

I know I'm not generally an RPG fan, but I couldn't get past the first 20 minutes with Oblivion/ I preferred Skyrim, but once I put 75+ hours into Amalur, I couldn't be arsed doing the same for Skyrim. Which reminds me, I still have about a third of the main story plus two lots of DLC to get through for Amalur.

I know I'm not generally an RPG fan, but I couldn't get past the first 20 minutes with Oblivion/ I preferred Skyrim, but once I put 75+ hours into Amalur, I couldn't be arsed doing the same for Skyrim. Which reminds me, I still have about a third of the main story plus two lots of DLC to get through for Amalur.

I think the only reason I enjoy skyrim so much is because I play it sporadically and I don't play very many other RPG's.