General Gaming Thread

TKz

ouya.jpg

According to a posting on AngelList, Ouya has recruited the talents of Yves Behar to build a $99 Android game console that you can connect to a TV, with a high-concept developer ecosystem that's as free as can be. Any developer will be able to publish games, claims the listing, and all games will be free to play. Even the underlying hardware is "built to be hacked" — every customer who buys a retail box will get a dev kit in the bargain, the site claims.

We don't often report on startups without a physical product to their name, but when you've got sponsors like Ouya does, it's hard not to pay attention.

Jawbone Jambox and One Laptop Per Child designer Yves Behar who's on board. The project's advisors also include Ed Fries of Xbox fame, Amol Sarva of Peek, Peter Pham of Color, and counts Julie Uhrman of IGN as its founder and CEO. There's also a gentleman named Muffi Ghadiali, who appears to be leaving Amazon's Lab126 where he helped ship Kindle. At $99, the Ouya would be playing in the same space as Google TV boxes like Vizio's Co-Star, but we're eager to see what games Ouya might attract. We're on the lookout for more details and hope to have them for you soon.

As we alluded to earlier, though, it's not just

http://www.theverge.com/2012/7/2/3134004/ouya-a-99-hackable-android-game-console-designed-by-yves-behar

You can finish the side quests after completing the main story. Some would argue that it's best to get through them before a rather major turn of events unfolds near the end of the narrative, but as far as I'm aware, no side quests will actually be locked out upon the main game's completion.

I want to play something co-op on PC. Someone choose a game that is cheap now or might be in the Steam Sale and then play it with me. Borderlands GOTY is $7.50 from Amazon at the moment and is 4 player co-op. I am shit, but it will be fun.

ouya.jpg

According to a posting on AngelList, Ouya has recruited the talents of Yves Behar to build a $99 Android game console that you can connect to a TV, with a high-concept developer ecosystem that's as free as can be. Any developer will be able to publish games, claims the listing, and all games will be free to play. Even the underlying hardware is "built to be hacked" — every customer who buys a retail box will get a dev kit in the bargain, the site claims.

We don't often report on startups without a physical product to their name, but when you've got sponsors like Ouya does, it's hard not to pay attention.

Jawbone Jambox and One Laptop Per Child designer Yves Behar who's on board. The project's advisors also include Ed Fries of Xbox fame, Amol Sarva of Peek, Peter Pham of Color, and counts Julie Uhrman of IGN as its founder and CEO. There's also a gentleman named Muffi Ghadiali, who appears to be leaving Amazon's Lab126 where he helped ship Kindle. At $99, the Ouya would be playing in the same space as Google TV boxes like Vizio's Co-Star, but we're eager to see what games Ouya might attract. We're on the lookout for more details and hope to have them for you soon.

As we alluded to earlier, though, it's not just

http://www.theverge.com/2012/7/2/3134004/ouya-a-99-hackable-android-game-console-designed-by-yves-behar

Their Kickstarter has made $3.1 million in less than 24 hours.

What's a reliable site to buy used games from other than Amazon(for 360 and the original XBOX), I was looking up one called Gamestaq which seemed good but it's facebook page has a lot of people talking about how poor the service is so it's turned me off.

Got a question about JRPG "strategy." Pretty much in every JRPG game I've ever played, I get to a point where I can't play straight through. I'll be playing fine for a while, then I get to where I'm fighting from underneath a bit but still winning fairly easily, and then I hit a point where I'm just getting ripped apart in every important battle. I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing that makes this happen, but it always happens. Final Fantasy games, Pokemon, Tactics Ogre, Chrono Trigger, can't think of any other games but if I've played them I'm sure it's happened. At this point, I usually have to start grinding, which puts me off completely. Is there something perhaps I'm missing or does everybody have to grind eventually? Any tips? I'm thinking about booting up FFVII because I've never beaten it but I don't want to start putting time in if I know ahead of time I'll just get frustrated.

I can't say that I explicitly avoid battles or anything like that. My brother and a few other people I've spoken to don't seem to run into this issue.