The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

I think Jessica Jones was definitely the best of the Netflix franchise so far. Almost of it was perfect, and it's had the best villain of all the Defenders series (though some would probably say Daredevil S1 had that covered).

I would highly, highly recommend the ABC ones over the Netflix ones, though. After you get past the first half of season 1 of Agents of SHIELD, it quickly became one of the best shows on TV. It has everything you would want from a comic book and sci fi and MCU show. 

But the best of the lot is Agent Carter. I don't have to say much because it'll be clear pretty quickly how awesome it is, but that is the one show they should not have cancelled, because it is freaking awesome.

• Like 1

I didn't expect Agent Carter to go on forever.  I really wish they would've given us one last season to wrap things up.  From the movies, we know Peggy and Howard Stark were part of the founding of SHIELD.  Just give us one last season to show how the SSR turned into SHIELD.  I would've been totally happy with that

I'm watching Iron Fist at the moment, and I think that the worst thing about it is just that it isn't Daredevil, Jessica Jones, or Luke Cage. Like... in isolation, it's probably great, but compared to those other four seasons, it's just... fine.

I think anything that followed Luke Cage would have struggled, that felt really important.

• Like 2

I think the biggest problem for me was that it didn't start with "The Last Iron Fist Story", which ironically is a great jumping on point for the character. Much of the season that did happen could easily be filled in by exposition and/or flashbacks, and whilst I still liked it, I agree it wasn't as good as JJ nor Daredevil S1, but was probably better than most of the second half of Luke Cage or most of Daredevil S2.

I'm just up to the finale now, mostly because I didn't realise Defenders was out so soon. I don't see why it's hated so much. There's too much nonsense with Joy and Ward, and for a legendary immortal weapon he really is too whiny, but it's still pretty enjoyable. I don't know anything about the character though but it's nowhere near as bad as I anticipated.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Kaney said:

I'm just up to the finale now, mostly because I didn't realise Defenders was out so soon. I don't see why it's hated so much. There's too much nonsense with Joy and Ward, and for a legendary immortal weapon he really is too whiny, but it's still pretty enjoyable. I don't know anything about the character though but it's nowhere near as bad as I anticipated.

Aye, I think people just got spoiled by how good some of the rest of it is tbh.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kaney said:

He has the power of an immortal weapon - but the person, Danny Rand, is still very much that little 15 year old boy that disappeared all those years ago. Sure, he was trained by and grew up with monks, but he's still going to be immature and whiny. His parents died in front of him and he was robbed of his childhood.

I've said it before, but besides Jessica Jones, I honestly enjoyed Iron Fist more than Daredevil or Luke Cage. All things considered, though - I only made it to like, episode 2 of the second season of Daredevil. But the first didn't wow me like it did everyone else (except for Vincent D'Onofrio as Kingpin).

EDIT: Oh, and since I don't see it mentioned here - David Tennant's Kilgrave is returning for Season 2 of Jessica Jones. Somehow.

Edited by tristy

2 hours ago, Kaney said:

When there is so, so much good TV out there and only a limited amount of time to watch them all, don't give me 13 hours of the slowest, ploddiest, most boring ass boardroom drama wrapped up in a cheap ninja wrapper, filled with an absolutely moronic protagonist who is going through his coming-of-age story by being the most asinine and useless part of the show.

And don't even get me started on fucking Bakuto. 

4 minutes ago, tristy said:

Daredevil is insanely overrated, in my opinion. I was bored to tears any time Foggy was on screen, and I just didn't give a shit at all about Karen.

Foggy is definitely a bore when he's on screen but the rest is fine. The Punisher is particularly awesome in Season 2.

Season 2 of Daredevil started off really well with the Punisher. Second half of season 2 of Daredevil might be the only thing to rival Iron Fist in how terrible it is. I can still picture exactly as a whole bunch of ninjas all run on a roof towards Daredevil... then make a circle around him so he can fight them all one-by-one. 

Jessica Jones

Daredevil S1

Luke Cage

Daredevil S2

Iron Fist

I thought Daredevils first season was amazing, I was gripped the whole way through. Season 2 was amazing anytime Punished was around, and boring anytime Electra was. Well maybe not boring but it felt a lot of filler. For me it's probably Daredevil 1, JJ, Luke Cage, DD2 1st half, Iron Fist and last DD2 2nd half >_>

I've done this before, but: Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Daredevil S1. I'm not going to rate S2 since I didn't even make it halfway through, and I likely never will. It was hard enough for me to get through S1, it took like a week.

I'm glad Jessica Jones is viewed favorably here, though. There's other places on the internet that seem to either not care about the show or actively dislike it because it dealt with some serious issues. Personally, Kilgrave is easily the best Netflix MCU villain they've had. Luke Cage fucked up big time, IMO, with Diamondback. Cottonmouth was played by a phenomenal actor, but goddamn I just didn't care about him at all.