The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

I was planning to stay out of 97 until I'd finished the original series, but I couldn't keep away any longer and watched all 5 episodes today.

Spoiler

They're all great, but my God, episode 5. I could tell something was about to go very badly when there hadn't been any background music for over five minutes, but that level of destruction of characters is something I never thought I'd see in a show like this.

God damn E5.  Just...damn

Spoiler

Knew when The Watcher appeared some shit was going down

I'm 3 episodes off finishing my X-men rewatch so I can finally start, but is there a reason why it's listed as 14+? My 8 year old is looking forward to it, is there anything there that raises it above an MCU film age wise? 

Might watch it on my own first just for the peace...

I haven't watched it yet, because I'm trying to get through the whole series again first, but my understanding is that they decided to grow the show with the original audience a bit... so it's a bit heavier, subject matter is a bit more intense and there may be some light swearing.

So, probably nothing you need to worry about if you actually talk to your children.

• Thanks 1

I think the main factor for the age rating is that they're being more specific with Magneto's backstory than they were allowed to be in the original series, and anything Nazi related (even if just by insinuation) immediately gets flagged to increase the rating.

• Thanks 1

Watching Episode 7 my god this is going to be a fun three episode finale

Spoiler

- The reveal of Bastion being behind Sinister and Co is no shock but also a major point since Cable is also back

- The knowledge of Xavier being alive could be an easy way for OTZ to turn human mind against mutants as they see they are fed a lie about the death of Xavier possibly

- Magneto being held captive is a deadly spot as what if he is turned into a Prime Sentinel in waiting for activation? That is one specific enemy the X Men don’t want to deal with at all

- Liked the showing as well of Emma Frost even if just briefly