The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

The greater "Street Level universe¨ is probably the only part of the MCU continuity that I genuinely get excited for. Hawkeye, Echo, and the upcoming Daredevil stuff are up my alley.

I am one of those freaks that even enjoyed Iron Fist (mainly season 2, the first was a shitshow).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Two episodes into Ms Marvel.

Spoiler

Kamala is great and I enjoy the aesthetic choices, but the story and characters thus far outside of her are extremely meh. It's not bad, but I really hoped for something much more interesting than what is happening, and given it only has six episodes total it's not got a ton of time to make up.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Edit:  Did anyone else know S2 of What If... dropped last week?  I didn't even know until I visited /r/marvelstudios just now

I've watched the first 2. First one is good, basically Nebula in a Blade Runner ripoff (with some added Highlander 2...). Second one okay if a bit throwaway and just hoying a load of previously seen characters together. I can't tell if it's going to do what they did last time and draw them all together at the end or whether they're properly separate this time.

I've watched the first three episodes of What If? First and third were OK. Second I couldn't get into. I'll eventually finish the rest. But, it doesn't have the same flow as the first season.

• 1 month later...

I marked out a little bit when Gambit jumped on Logan's back and charged his claws.

I was watching the original years back when it was on Netflix but was up around S3 when it got pulled. Might have to try and power through the rest, or even just the last season, before this starts.

What I like is that they got some of the original voice actors back. The original actors for Cyclops and Magneto are deceased, and the actress who played Jubilee declined and told them to get someone Asian for the role. Jean and Gambit have new voice actors, but Catherine Disher, who played Jean, is going to be playing a different character. 

It seems like most of the OG cast is back, but if they aren’t playing their original roles it’s just as different characters.

Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Storm, Beast, Mr Sinisteree and Rogue all have their original voice actors.

Catherine Disher (OG Jean Grey) plays Valarie Cooper

Chris Potter (OG Gambit) is now Cable

The guy who was originally Cable (Lawrence Bayne) is voicing the X-Cutioner 

The original voice actress for Jubilee (Alyson Court) is now Abscissa. Original Morph (Ron Rubin) is now President Kelly.

Jennifer Hale takes over as Jean Grey, AJ LoCasico takes over as Gambit, Jubilee & Morph are Holly Chou & JP Karliak respectively. Ray Chase is Cyclops, Matthew Waterson is Magneto, Ross Marquand is Professor X, Isaac Robinson-Smith is Bishop, Giu Augustini is Sunspot, Gil Birmingham is Forge.

Theo James is an unrevealed “fan favorite” character.

No clue who Abscissa is.

Chris Potter was the son on Kung Fu: The Legend Continues, where David Carradine played a modern day descendent of his character from the original show.

Catherine Disher was the love interest on the vampire cop show Forever Knight, which had a really shitty ending.

Potter was the sheriff who eventually married the main character in Hallmark's Good Witch movies, but he was unavailable when they turned into in a series, so they killed his character off. 

Disher was the Mayor when The Good Witch became a series, but I don't believe she was in the movies.

1 hour ago, GhostMachine said:

No clue who Abscissa is.

3 hours ago, JasonM said:

To add some context. Alyson Court refused to voice Jubilee again, instead advocating for them to cast an asian actress for the role.

Abscissa is Jubilee.

• 4 weeks later...

Marvel Shocker: ‘X-Men ’97’ Creator Beau DeMayo Fired Weeks Before Premiere (Exclusive)

Fired suddenly?  Deleted social media?  Everyone involved either gives no comment or doesn't respond?

Something about this dude that is BAD is about to come out

Oh god you guys...X-Men '97 is soooo good after watching E1.  I was grinning ear to ear the first time Wolverine called someone Bub.

Also

Spoiler

Sentinel "OMEGA LEVEL THREAT DETECTED"

Storm walks in, casually turning sand into glass as she does

• 3 weeks later...

Episode five was incredible. The animation felt very different, like it was taking its lead from Akira and that era of anime more than the X-Men series. More than that, though, it was just a phenomenal bit of superhero media and everything I want from X-Men, while also being completely heartbreaking and making me desperate to see what comes next.