Football Manager 2015

Dan

Dele Alli, signed for 950k from MK Dons in 2016. Key player for Bournemouth for five seasons - easily the most popular player outside of Club Captain Steve Cook.

Well, Alli wanted CL football. I said ok. If a CL team offers enough, you go. A season goes by, no one wants him. His value fluctuates between 7.5m and 14m throughout the last season, then Liverpool start sniffing.

He pops into the office, says he wants to go to Liverpool. I say ok, if they offer good money. They offer 7m. No more, at all. They wont budge. I say no, he kicks up a fuss - says it's fair money. Bullshit, Dele, you fool. He's worth so much more, and I want some good money if he's going. I offer him out for 20m.

DUNDEE UNITED - who somehow have a tycoon owner now - say "20m? Sure. We'll take him."

A week later, Dele Alli, who should be plying his trade for a top team is now a Dundee United player.

What an idiot.

• Like 3

I find it amazing that in the Brazilian Third Division, I can smash my club's record selling fee for a mere £100k by selling a third string keeper who was never going to be better than my main goalies and who would have been a foreign player. The guy was an arse too, more than happy to be rid of him.

Zidane is the new Chelsea manager, that was unexpected.

He just became the new Everton manager on mine. Even less expected. :shifty:

And Stoke are about to get a new foreign tycoon owner. Apparently there's something about northern Staffordshire that is irresistable to the super-wealthy.

Zidane is the new Chelsea manager, that was unexpected.

He just became the new Everton manager on mine. Even less expected. :shifty:

And Stoke are about to get a new foreign tycoon owner. Apparently there's something about northern Staffordshire that is irresistable to the super-wealthy.

Way ahead of you. Stoke have a tycoon on my save, signed up Draxler, Bruno Fernandes, Patrick Roberts, Will Hughes and a shedload of top regens. And it's still taken them 5 years to get within a sniff of CL qualification.

There is also an Iranian tycoon eyeing up Rochdale...

• Like 2

So, I got 15 games into the new season at Bournemouth, lost 9 on the bounce and decided to walk. I wasn't appreciating the grind. I'll miss a few key players. George Williams and Steve Cook the most.

Got offered the Roma job, then the Celtic job came up.

Interviews for both, landed the Celtic job. Instantly brought in my staff, and gave Bournemouth 3m for young Dean Parker, an 18 year old central midfielder I was bringing through.Trying to land Cook now too.

No more relegation battles for me at least. I feel like a few Scottish titles will do me well and CL games will do me well.

Edit: Walked into a team that's 20 odd points clear at the top before Christmas. Dele Alli's Dundee United sit in midtable, about 8th... ha! Managed to get Cook to join from Bournemouth. Few easy titles and cups, see what I can in Europe and then I'll evaluate my situation again.

• Like 2

The goal this season with Southampton- defend every trophy!

Into my 5th season with Southampton and I'm currently undefeated in the league after 14 games with 11 wins and 3 draws so I'm on the right path for my 3rd league title in 3 seasons.
Won all my Champions League group games in a pretty easy group consisting of Genoa, Porto and Krasnodor.
Facing Arsenal in the League Cup quarter final
Got League 2 Southend in the FA Cup 3rd round

Facing America (Mex) in the Club World Cup, will probably face Boca in the final.

I'm starting to reach a point in which although I'm enjoying smashing teams in the Prem and having built a great young team with a great u21 side packed of regens who will take over soon, I'm starting to get a bit bored. This is my team atm

GK: Timo Horn

DR: Nathaniel Clyne
DC: Marquinhos
DC: Eder Alvarez Balanta
DL: Matthew Targett

MC: Franck Diallo (Regen)
MC: Youri Tielemans
AMR: Julian Draxler
AMC: Isco
AML: Marcos Lopes

ST: Albino Destro (Regen)

Bench:
Ben Davies

Chancel Mbemba Mangulu

Omar Sakin (Regen)

Lewis Cook
Bernardo Silva
Ross Barkley

Carlos Fierro

Then I have other players like Wesley Sneijder, Ricardo Kishna so I've got a really good squad I've built up.

I'm tempted to start a diary in the cube in which I start off unemployed with the lowest reputation and no coaching badges and see what happens.

Edited by DavidMarrio

This would be the 5th season. The great thing with this Southampton save was how much I could get for selling people who were originally there in order to build up a team. I sold Mane for about 35mil, Wanyama went for a similar amound, Ward-Prowse went for 40mil, Bertrand went for 15mil, Tadic for about 20mil. Getting the players to perform and then sell them for big money pretty much helped establish the team in terms of domesticaly and in the Champions League. I don't think I've been a team in which the original squad could be sold for big amounts of money, had plenty of interest in the players and the fact that even if you did well they would bitch if someone like 8th place Arsenal became interested in them (That and the new TV deal helped <_< )

I managed to get Silva on a free because his contract was running out, same with Kishna. Piatti was another one, hardly played in the 2nd season, signed him on a free in the 3rd as a backup but he ended up being a starter and getting player of the season. Ben Davies went to Man.Utd and hardly played so got him for like 2mil. Timo Horn was pretty cheap as was Balanta and Marquinhos in the first season. The only real expensive players in that team were Isco and Draxler. The others were just taking advantage of teams doing crap such as Everton finishing 17th or Leeds bouncing up and down between the Prem and the Championship.

Edited by DavidMarrio

My Southampton team is still winning everything heading towards the end of the 2022/23 season, including a possible fifth CL in a row. I'm starting to get a little bored but I can't bring myself to leave my regens!

GK: Mattia Perin - Originally bought as back up to Forster, but he's so much better than him. Forster whined and left a couple of seasons later.

LB: Petr Vesely ® - Only 23 and possibly the best left back in the world. Bought him from Shakhtar for £14m in 2020.

CB: Joris Klein-Holte - Cost £17m from Zenit in 2021, can also play CDM if needed.

CB: Karim Rekik - £2.3m from Man City's bench in 2019, battling with club captain Toby Alderweireld for a place in the XI.

RB: Dennis Van Der Wal ® - Including add-ons, he's going to cost about £39m from Bayern. Well worth it though, brilliant attacking full back.

CM: Jorge Correa - Arrived in 2017 from Sao Paulo for £10m. Never gets much of the plaudits but he's a vital player for the team.

CM: Youri Tielemans - Cost me £13.5m from Anderlecht in 2017 after a lengthy tapping up period. Won the Ballon D'or once. Gets injured every other game.

CM: Leon Goretzka - Record signing at £40m. The more defensive of the three, the man is a rock.

AML: Josh Sims - Academy graduate, 2-time Ballon D'or winner. A bit hit and miss this year however.

AMR: Agustin Allione - Bought him for City on last years FM, bought him for the Saints this time in 2015 for a paltry £5m. Does not disappoint, top player.

ST: Thierry Ambrose - Arrived as a back-up striker from City for £13m. Realised he was just as prolific as my wonderkid regen Abdi Jelassi, so I sold Jelassi to City for a club record £65m plus add-ons and now Ambrose is pissing goals.

Subs:

GK: Victor Martinez ® - Bought as back-up to Perin, but he's a bit shit.

DL: Para - Bought for £5m in 2015 from Bahia. Top servant to the club until Vesely took his spot.

DC: Toby Alderweireld - Club captain, fighting Rekik for his place in the team. This season may be one of his last at Southampton.

CDM: Matias Kranevitter - Only plays when I need a CDM, cost £23m from Santos in 2017.

CAM: Leon van Den Berg ® - Young attacking midfielder bought on the cheap from Twente. Struggling to make an impact.

AMR: Paul Jenkins ® - Academy graduate, often deputising for Allione. Scores some vital goals.

ST: Kelechi Iheanacho - Bought from Dinamo Moscow as competition for Ambrose.

• Like 1

Summ. The Bournemouth John Carver.

Pft, I spent 7 years there! Got 'em promoted, kept them there. It's their fifth year in the Prem thanks to me. Now David Moyes seems intent on taking them down bottom.

I'm gonna win the title, then see how I do in the CL next year - then see what bigger jobs I can move on to, probably back in the Prem.

• Like 1

Getting itchy feet now at Forest. I had intended to move around a fair bit in this save, but now find myself unable to leave Forest when I've taken them this far. Into my 7th season now (6th in the Prem) and so far we've finished 8th, 7th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd. Can't leave now until I win the title at least. Even then, I may struggle to leave until we win a few titles and Champions Leagues.

Made a great start to the new season, 9 wins from 10 and top of the league. Top of our CL group too, with draws away at Porto and Barca and a win at home to Dinamo.

This is the longest FM save I've had for a while and I've really enjoyed building my team, currently looking like this;

GK: Breno (Regen)

CD: Kurt Zouma

CD: Emmanuel Stucky (Regen)

RWB: Ivan

DM: Diego Poyet

LWB: Caner Erkin

CM: Alvaro Medran

CM: Ruben Neves

AMC: Jack Grealish

CF: Sergio Diaz

CF: Britt Assombalonga

Subs

Guillermo Ochoa (GK)

Seamus Coleman (RWB)

Kwadwo Asamoah (LWB)

Mattias Ginter (CB)

Daniel Ayala (CB)

Marouane Fellaini (CM)

Lars Vigge Christensen (CM)

Xabier Perez (CM) (Regen)

Oscar Gomez (AMC) (Regen)

Luciano Acosta (AMC)

Malcolm (CF)

Assombalonga is the only player still there from my Championship winning season And has consistently banged in 25+ goals a season for me. Luciano Acosta is amazing, but forever injured, hence why Grealish gets in ahead of him. I also have Thorgan Hazard, who my coaches rate as my best AMC, but Grealish and Acosta play too well for him to get much game time and now he's whinging, so he's off in January.

Also! I've taken on the Italy job on the side. They crashed out of Euro 2020 at the group stage and are currently 21st in the world rankings. I've had 3 games so far, all in the Nations League. 3-1 defeat in the Ukraine, followed by home wins against Turkey and Ukraine. A draw in Turkey next month should see us into the Semis.

One question about international management. Can the game be relied upon to put promising young Italians into the national pool for me, or do I have to do that myself? Like, will they automatically go in if my Under 19 manager picks them?

Summ. The Bournemouth John Carver.

Pft, I spent 7 years there! Got 'em promoted, kept them there. It's their fifth year in the Prem thanks to me. Now David Moyes seems intent on taking them down bottom

Nothing worse than watching someone else come in and ruin what you achieved. Steve McClaren and Glenn Roeder did it on FM12 with my Wrexham team. Took them to the Prem and finished 7th first season, left to join Man.Utd. Roeder got the job got sacked with them in 17th, McClaren finished the job off and finished 20th :(