Dramatic moments in sport

Lineker

2013, Scum thought they'd won it, everyone thought they'd won it and then Aguero spoiled the party with virtually the last kick of the season to win the title on goal difference. It could have barely been closer and barely any later in the day.

2013 Premier League title, literally coming down to the last two minutes of play for the season and pipping their fiercest rivals into the bargain. That must have been pretty damned magical for Man City fans.

So magical for how they came in second? :P

2012, 2013, whatever, it ain't my club and we weren't even in the league. Geroff my lawn.

• Like 1

• Admin

The results of the poll, by the way:

1. Solskjaer goal, Manchester United v Bayern Munich, 1999 Champions League final - 22%
2. Sergio Aguero Premier League-winning goal 2012 - 19.8%
3. Jonny Wilkinson drop-goal, 2003 World Cup final - 16.6%
Full results are on the link in the first post of this thread.

2013, Scum thought they'd won it, everyone thought they'd won it and then Aguero spoiled the party with virtually the last kick of the season to win the title on goal difference. It could have barely been closer and barely any later in the day.

Okay, wow, are the years in the UK numbered differently or something? Or is it just weird coincidence that you and Benji both got it wrong?

Benji has been a football for at least, erm, since May! :@

I'm a Leicester fan, not a football fan. For the most part I couldn't give a toss about other clubs. Also this placed used to be pretty awful for people taking shit too seriously so I stopped posting years back. Bants, bitch.

I know. :P

And arguments in a football thread? Perish the thought!

• Like 1

2013 Premier League title, literally coming down to the last two minutes of play for the season and pipping their fiercest rivals into the bargain. That must have been pretty damned magical for Man City fans.

So magical for how they came in second? :P

2012, 2013, whatever, it ain't my club and we weren't even in the league. Geroff my lawn.

Don't mess with Benji!

• Like 1

Okay, wow, are the years in the UK numbered differently or something? Or is it just weird coincidence that you and Benji both got it wrong?

I actually read Benji's reply and didn't think to check if he was correct on the year :P
  • Like 2

See, I wanted to say this, but I didn't wanna' come off as one of those football fans that only remembers their own teams' moments, and so think the entire sports landscape revolves around it.

I'm kind of going to have to submit Chelsea's Entire 2011/12 Champions League Campaign, because honest to God it was all just so ridiculous (certainly from Napoli onwards). It's very difficult to choose.

Even if you slimmed that down to, say, Only Moments Involving Petr Cech, you've still got a few. Let alone others from Drogba, Torres, Ramires, etc.

See what I mean :shifty:

I have zero qualms about only remembering my own teams moments. :P Although by no means am I suggesting the entie sports landscape revolves around it...just adding my own small corner of it to the pile.

John Terry's penalty miss in the 2008 Champions League Final is a fond memory aswell as Ole's treble winning goal in Barcelona. Two biased one's as United fan.

The Liverpool comeback in 2005 was impressive to see as it looked like they stood no chance at all, and to then go to penalties incredible.