The Flash

TKz

Cisco dancing is the best thing.

S2E16

Spoiler

"I - your daughter - was held hostage by a psychotic mass murdering terrorist with superpowers unlike anyone else in the world. You mentioned in a recording that you would literally kill that man to save my life and free me, therefore that makes you a horrible murderer and now I don't know the man you are, father."

Like, really Jesse? Did you just graduate from the Felicity Smoak school of idiocy?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Benji said:

Cisco dancing is the best thing.

S2E16

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

This has been the worst for both Arrow and The Flash. They really can't seem to figure out how to split two people apart without some stupid thing like this. You're supposed to be able to listen to the argument and say "Hey, she has a point" and yet with both Jesse and Felicity, you really can't. I'm sorry but if you wouldn't do everything in your power to save your child, even if that means killing another human being, then to me you're not much of a parent. It was the same with Ollie and his son. He did what was asked of him, and to me, it made Felicity's argument for leaving completely irrelevant.

I'm very annoyed that there are only two more episodes left and we still have to wait till next week for those to start. I was really looking forward to Flash last week only to realize that it was a repeat.

Spoiler

Plus side for Flash, they tend to only do it for one or two episodes, whereas Arrow drags entire half seasons out of that bullshit.

Also, I wonder if there's a reason she was heading to Opal City. I'm guessing it was just and nod and a wink, but possible Starman appearance down the line?

16 hours ago, Benji said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I would love to see Starman appear. This is something Marvel gets right in that they actually make their universe seem like it's one giant universe. I know that there was the Supergirl Cross over, and Arrow Cross over, but I wish they'd do more of what Marvel does. Jessica Jones mentions "The Big Green Guy".....just recently a character from Jessica Jones shows up in Daredevil, and it wasn't Jessica herself. Little things like that make the Marvel world feel more alive. DC needs to do things like that in this show and more than just the "Opal City Bus" type stuff.

Well they've had a pretty huge Green Lantern reference in one episode

They've made several actually but what I mean is how they're looking at keeping the DC Movie world and the DC television world separate. I kind of understand why they do that but I think it's one of the things that the Marvel world has over them. It just feels more organic when everything aligns and it feels like there's a reason for everything.

Well, the reason they're kept apart (besides the fact that WB / DC is dumb) is because they're trying to get us to embrace the whole infinite Earths stuff. Which is why Supergirl is on another Earth and so on and so forth. They'll never mention each other, but I think that's a good thing because not every Earth has to come into contact with each other, and it'll actually make it feel like there's only 3 or 4 instead of a bajillion if the three Earths interconnect (Supergirl's, Arrowverse and DCCU). Oh, I guess you can add Gotham as another one, but who watches that shit anyway.

Not to mention, there's been rumblings that the MCU is going to be split up as well, between the stuff on TV, Netflix and the movies. Alfre Woodard is about to play two different characters in the MCU, for example.

On 17/04/2016 at 04:26, Benkid Nada said:

Not to mention, there's been rumblings that the MCU is going to be split up as well, between the stuff on TV, Netflix and the movies.

Where have you heard this? Why would they do that after doing such a stellar job putting it all together and having the moving parts work both separately and together? :(

Nothing definite, but there's been all sorts of signs pointing in that direction, such as the writers of Civil War not even keeping up with AoS and so they have no idea what's going on in the TV landscape of the MCU.  They didn't know anything about the Inhumans being introduced in the series and things like that. Then, as I said, there's Alfre Woodard playing two different characters in Civil War and in Like Cage. 

The part that's been the saddest for me, though, is that they've never even mentioned Coulson in the movies since he died in Avengers. I thought for sure he'd make an appearance in Age of Ultron, since his death was the catalyst for the Avengers assembling together.

I can't imagine the writers need to keep up to be honest, they've probably got someone external to each part who is basically keeping what needs keeping in check, and if something is contradictory they'll do something there.

As for Alfre Woodard, I don't think that's a huge issue. It could easily be ignored outright, or lampshaded as mentioning a sister or something. I don't think it's any major indicator that they're separating them, I thought you meant there'd been some official announcement.

S2 E17

Spoiler

For the first time I hate an addition to The Flash. Time Wraiths make no sense, why would they come back to stop Barry changing the timeline, but a) never bothered stopping Thawne in the literal years he spent in the wrong timeline, and b) spend most of their time aimlessly wandering around Central City and attacking people who aren't Barry?

I really hope Thawne lied about them and/or they retcon the shit out of those things.

Fantastic to see Eddie though.

Spoiler

Thawne says he knows how to avoid them in the episode. I assume they're not that smart so they just attack everything in their way as they track the one they've been set on.

On 4/17/2016 at 21:14, Benkid Nada said:

Wait, which one is this, just in case I'm not thinking of the right one?

Well there were two.  One of them showed a close up of a guy in a flight suit and the patch said H. Jordan on it.  The other one they passed a billboard for Coast City that said something like "For brighter days and darker nights, vacation in Coast City when moneys tight" or something like that

Versus Zoom spoilers

Spoiler

That ending was so fucking stupid. I came up with two ways they could beat Zoom instead of JUST GIVING HIM BARRY'S SPEED while it was happening.

1.Punch him in his smug prick face again! You're faster than him now, Barry! As soon as he hands Wally over just fucking punch him!

2.Before you summon him make something you can inject into him that'll knock him out or take his speed, make it look like the thing that'll take Barry's speed, stick it in Barry's suit, have Barry run around town with it it and fake getting slower, give Zoom the thing that'll knock him out/take his speed then watch him take himself out.

But nooooo, use your time to make the thing to transfer speed and give the deranged serial killer the power needed to stop him and hope he doesn't kill you all for kicks. Fucking idiots.

Edited by Kirkland
  • Like 1

On 20/04/2016 at 21:37, Lint said:

Well there were two.  One of them showed a close up of a guy in a flight suit and the patch said H. Jordan on it.  The other one they passed a billboard for Coast City that said something like "For brighter days and darker nights, vacation in Coast City when moneys tight" or something like that

They also mention that Ferris air was shut down when one of their test pilots went missing. 

22 hours ago, Kirkland said:

Versus Zoom spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure that they didn't give him Barry's speed. I have a feeling they did exactly what you mentioned in your second suggestion, except better.

2 minutes ago, Tkasto said:

Watching some old episodes, because I'm bored. I can't believe there are so many smart people in one place, but yet they can't upgrade star lab security system, so others couldn't invade it.

They actually mentioned at the start of this season that it was upgraded.  Think its just supposed to be an on going joke like it is on Arrow

Now I'm wondering if the iron mask prisoner is going to turn out to be...

Either Zolomon's father - would be a wicked twist that he imprisoned his own father again after he was released from prison as revenge - or the real Jay Garrick, but he's from a completely different Earth (and played by a different actor, maybe?).

But I won't be surprised if its the Flash from the 90's series, like some have speculated.

Iron Mask dude spoilers

Spoiler

He's played by the same guy as Zoom-Jay. People matched the eyes, moles and hair. IMO there's no way it's anyone but the real Jay Garrick. It's The Flash, they won't let the name " Jay Garrick " belong solely to a villain. Plus he responds to the name and was kinda losing his shit when Barry was in the cell talking about Jay .

• Like 1