The Flash

TKz

My favourite part about the crossover episode is how just about anyone can walk into Team Arrow's secret lair, including all the bad guys and then they just sort of hang out together. 

This is true for STAR Labs as well, though.

Also, why exactly hasn't Barry revealed his identity to Patty? It didn't take much to reveal it to Dr. Light.

On 18/12/2015 at 23:07, Benkid Nada said:

My favourite part about the crossover episode is how just about anyone can walk into Team Arrow's secret lair, including all the bad guys and then they just sort of hang out together. 

This is true for STAR Labs as well, though.

Also, why exactly hasn't Barry revealed his identity to Patty? It didn't take much to reveal it to Dr. Light.

I hate that he's basically revealing it all willy nilly. It's hardly a secret to anyone anymore. He might as well just go on national television and be like "Here I am!"

• Like 1

Theyve gone waaaaay overboard with the number of people who know Barry is the Flash. Strangely, I don't mind it so much with how many people know Oliver is Arrow, because most of them knowing makes sense. But Barry might as well just take a full page ad out in the paper or film a tv commercial announcing he's the Flash and get it over with. 

*edit* And Cisco's next invention should be a device that renders him incapable of calling Barry by his real name when he's in costume. Seriously. 

Edited by GhostMachine

I honestly thought that, when Zoom had Barry beaten down in the precinct or in the newspaper, that he would unmask him.

In the comics (post-Crisis on Infinite Earths) wasn't Barry's identity public? I remember Wally's was, but I don't remember if Barry's was too.

1 hour ago, GhostMachine said:

Theyve gone waaaaay overboard with the number of people who know Barry is the Flash. Strangely, I don't mind it so much with how many people know Oliver is Arrow, because most of them knowing makes sense. But Barry might as well just take a full page ad out in the paper or film a tv commercial announcing he's the Flash and get it over with. 

*edit* And Cisco's next invention should be a device that renders him incapable of calling Barry by his real name when he's in costume. Seriously. 

I agree on this, I think because usually with The Flash it's just by dumb accident that people know. It's more haphazard than with Arrow, where it's always felt like it was by necessity that people find out.

8 hours ago, livid said:

I don't really care that a lot of people know, I just wish they'd stop using it to wedge conflict into Barry's love life. "I don't know if I should tell Iris/Patty the truth" is undercut when half the city already knows. 

Yeah, the whole secret identity inconvenience trope is my least favourite in super hero stories. It should add to a story, but not be the story itself.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just got caught up, the crossover was brilliant and I can't wait for Legends of tomorrow.

Christmas episode was great though, Miller and Hamil are excellent at corny villains and somehow make it still believable. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So if I'm up to speed on Flash, including the Arrow portion of the two parter, am I good to go on Legends of Tomorrow?  Still a season behind on Arrow, but most of what ties it to LoT has already been spoiled for me.

This week..

Spoiler

Good episode as always, but damn its infuriating that he doesn't just tell Patty his secret. So many chances to tell her. She says she's leaving because of job, but its clearly because she can't progress with him. He can reveal all, she'll get everything and they can be happy. Dammit Barry!

On 20/01/2016 at 14:40, Avenged said:

This week..

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I'm kind of glad that he didn't. I know that there needs to be some relationship kind of stuff but it just seems like they try to force stuff like this into every show. Not every show needs the troubled love story.

• 2 weeks later...

They already hinted the crossover tonight

2 hours ago, RoHitman Reigns said:

I didnt really get too deep into things with the travel and the side images. I saw one for said spoiler above but was there anything else really they spoiled during the trip to E2?

Off the top of my head, the things that were shown were:

- Supergirl;

- A Legion of Super-Heroes flight ring;

- Flash from the 90s series;

- Gorilla Grodd;

- A version of Green Arrow, couldn't tell if it was Amell or not, with what looked like a metal arm;

- Jonah Hex.

I think that's pretty much it.

• Like 1

I love how they handle Zoom in this show. The fact that he has eyes and ears everywhere all the time makes him fucking scary.

16 hours ago, Johnny Latino Heat said:

Off the top of my head, the things that were shown were:

Hidden Content

I think that's pretty much it.

Spoiler

Pretty sure that was Green Arrow from Dark Knight Returns, with the metal arm.

That episode was amazing! Loved everything about it, barring the Geomancer stuff, because holy hell is that a boring bad guy. Who the hell is the guy in the metal mask?! Earth-2 Barry's still could be Zoom, I suppose! Although, if that were true, wouldn't people's metahuman apps be going crazy for when they're near Henry? That's why I'm not sure if he is Zoom. Snart is the mayor of Central City?! 

And I was so sad to see that Reverb got killed, he was great. Basically, that was an amazing episode. I wonder if they're going to introduce Wally to some Velocity-8 or something to get his speed going?