The Flash

TKz

"That's my cue to leave."

NO! NO! FUCK YOU! DO NOT MISS OUT ON ON THE ARRIVAL OF JAY GARRICK YOU UTTER BASTARDS :(

Damn that was an amazing finale. I don't think a superhero show has ever been so consistently good from start to finish in the first season. Better yet, there's windows for everyone to return somehow.

• Like 1

Looks like I wasn't the only one who just watched it a week late :P

That was awesome! The entire particle accelerator scene was great all-around, from the Jay Garrick and Rip Hunter references to the fight scene. I really loved this episode, it was such an emotional roller-coaster.

Only part I didn't like:

"You are, Eddie. You are a hero" was delivered so fucking blandly. That was going to be such a great line, and it just fell flat for me.

Also, my predictions for next season:

I think Eddie gets sucked into another universe and comes back as a baddie, probably an antagonist with Speed Force powers. I don't know how, but he's definitely coming back.

Think the reason Ronnie is staying is so that they can get an episode setting up Legends of Tomorrow. I also think Rip Hunter will make an appearance for this episode.

Maybe now since Eobard didn't exist, the real Harrison Wells stays alive, somehow? Wasn't there reports that Tom Cavanaugh was staying for a second season?

I actually don't really know how the black hole is going to end. Will Barry get sucked into another universe for an episode or two or something? That'd be fun, I think. There's bound to be repercussions from it to set up season 2, and I just can't imagine what it is.

That was incredible.

Time Travel though... (finale spoilers)

Assuming that the wormhole was created due to the timeline trying to "repair" itself when Eddie died, I'm guessing that the resulting "tear" in the timeline will lead to certain things changing and others not.

I can see them going down a route of no one but Cisco "remembering" what happened, with Barry in an alternate dimension/timeline.

Either way, I hope they don't try and explain it too much. Simply, "we fucked up time and now some things are different" is more than enough. Time travel as an idea has a tendency to get worse the more you attempt to explain it.

• 2 months later...

Yeah. Loved this entire season. Was fantastic from top to bottom. Saddest part is, I don't think they can match it for Season Two, no matter how much I wish they could :(

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously.  Arrow ranged from "meh" to "good" its first season, with the finale being "Wow!"....Flash ranged from "good" to "great" the entire time...and its finale was "OMFG I want more!"

Well that's not entirely true.  In the comics Eobard Thawne was Reverse Flash or Professor Zoom.  But there's also just Zoom, Hunter Zoloman, who of course, looks exactly like Reverse Flash and I believe he has also used that moniker.  They haven't established too much about what they're going for with Zoom yet, just that he's a separate thing from Reverse Flash.