The Flash

TKz

Am I the only one who didn't like this episode that much? Half the episode was Irish being pissed off, and it got really old really quick. Kind of soured the Grodd stuff for me, which sucked because it was really good and I was so looking forward to it. Glad it's out of the way, though, the whole "should we tell her? should we not?" had gotten a boring.

Kinda' cool how Iris sort of took over Barry's voice of calmness, though, hope we see more of that. And Jesse L. Martin's look of pain when he was in Grodd's lair was hilarious, I couldn't help laughing at it.

Also, does no one at STAR Labs lock their doors? Is there no security whatsoever? Anyone can just stroll in and find Barry in the Flash outfit? And Iris asking "So that red light is Barry? And that blue light is...?" while looking at the two lights that are clearly labeled "GRODD" and "THE FLASH" was ridiculous.

When aren't the Irish pissed off?

• Like 4

If it's anything like the UK then they're possibly out of sync with eachother due to The Flash's random break a few weeks ago.

Arrow season finale is this Thursday for us, yet there are two episodes of The Flash left.

Or.... (Minor recent Arrow spoilers)

Something happens in the Arrow finale to enable Oliver to go back to being the Arrow in time for The Flash?

Not quite....

In the latest episode of Arrow, it was revealed Oliver isn't really brainwashed, but is pretending to be. In the preview for the episode of The Flash, he's still wearing the League of Assassins outfit. My guess is he won't be the Arrow again until next season of his show.

Potentially major finale spoiler, definitely a spoiler for future seasons.

Tom Cavanagh (AKA Eobard Thawne/Dr Wells) WILL appear in future seasons.

My guess is that

They somehow restore the real Doctor Wells while defeating Eobard Thawne. So Tom Cavanagh sticks around as the real Harrison Wells.

And I'm guessing that Eobard is currently setting up Eddie to become Cobalt Blue.

• Like 1

Just watched last week's episode and I loved it. Captain Cold delivering his own version of the "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled" speech was probably my favourite thing about the episode. But then Barry trying to use Oliver's tactics and them failing is great. It proves why everyone has their own way of making things work and trying to be someone else probably isn't going to work out too well for you. The end fight, while not long, was very fun as well. I'm a huge fan of dialogue in movies and television and Tom Cavanagh has a great delivery with his lines.

Finale related

So to start off. Eddie killing himself. That was a nice way to get rid of Eobard. however we know that the guy who plays Eobard/Wells is supposed to make future appearances, so I am wondering if something doesnt happen to bring Eddie back maybe?

The whole thing of barry going back and then seeing himself and his future self telling him not to intervene? The whole bit of him telling his mom he was fine and such, that was so touching. I wasnt shocked he didnt save his mom as it would have unwritten so much of what they have done already.

Cisco conmfronting Eobard and telling him about what happened and then revealing that Cisco has powers, that was a twist in a way I didnt expect for tonight. I knew there was a chance for Caitlins to be revealed or hinted at, but they turned the tables on it completely.

Speaking of Caitlin, what shall happen now that Firestorm is staying around? Will he be helping Flash with his fights, or what is gonna be?

You can tell they were writing in case they didnt get renewed for a second season, but they have been and I cant wait for the first episode of season two as it looks like theyre going to go bigger and better.

FUCKING CHRIST EDDIE! A vasectomy would've accomplished the same thing!

• Like 7

Finale spoilers;

God dammit, I loved this episode.

But it was infuriating for so long how hardly anybody thought that going back and changing the past completely would be a bad thing. It was like non of these super scientists could figure it out.. Barry's Dad at least saw the potential disaster. I thought it was very smart that future-future Barry was the one to stop Barry from interjecting.

The goodbye to Mum was super sad, but also very touching. Eddie! Damn man, I didn't see that coming. But an awesome, if not super sad moment.

Bring on season 2!

Edit: Also, confusing time travel related question...

So if Eddie dies and Eobard never existed, then surely he never went back in time, killed Barry's Mum and set in motion

everything that has happened. Surely the present should be altered by this?

Finale spoilers;

God dammit, I loved this episode.

But it was infuriating for so long how hardly anybody thought that going back and changing the past completely would be a bad thing. It was like non of these super scientists could figure it out.. Barry's Dad at least saw the potential disaster. I thought it was very smart that future-future Barry was the one to stop Barry from interjecting.

The goodbye to Mum was super sad, but also very touching. Eddie! Damn man, I didn't see that coming. But an awesome, if not super sad moment.

Bring on season 2!

Edit: Also, confusing time travel related question...

So if Eddie dies and Eobard never existed, then surely he never went back in time, killed Barry's Mum and set in motion

everything that has happened. Surely the present should be altered by this?

wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey-stuff-o.gif

• Like 4

They seemed to have mixed up the ideas on how Time Travel would work. Everything else made it look like time travel creates parallel universes but that last bit and things like the newspaper changing makes it seem more like a straight line.

Also, my favorite thing from the episode

Spoiler below

http://gfycat.com/MessyLastAllosaurus

Edited by Kirkland
  • Like 1

Actually, they explained it. When Eobard came back to kill Barry, he was still part of the Speed Force and his universe. When he failed to kill Barry but instead killed Barry's Mum, he was cut off from the Speed Force and his universe. So when Eddie shoots himself, he stops Eobard from being born in the Flarrowverse, but it doesn't effect Eobard's original universe, as thats already been cut off from the Speed Force.

And I actually cheered for Eddie there. Absolutely awesome moment.

• Like 1

Absolutely loved it!

I knew something was going to happen to Eddie. My original prediction was that somehow Eobard was going to leave Wells' body and use Eddie's as a new host somehow. But this was completely out of left field and really made for such an excellent moment. As soon as he rekindled things with Iris, you knew something was going to happen. It's just a shame that Wells won't be around.

:(

And yeah, time travel is always just super confusing. I try not to wrap my head around it too much because for every answer I always seem to come up with 5 more questions.

Actually, they explained it. When Eobard came back to kill Barry, he was still part of the Speed Force and his universe. When he failed to kill Barry but instead killed Barry's Mum, he was cut off from the Speed Force and his universe. So when Eddie shoots himself, he stops Eobard from being born in the Flarrowverse, but it doesn't effect Eobard's original universe, as thats already been cut off from the Speed Force.

And I actually cheered for Eddie there. Absolutely awesome moment.

Actually it was explained when Eobard stated that Barry was still The Flash originally. He just thought that coming back and killing Barry would stop it, then when he didn't get Barry, he thought that killing his mom would create such a tragic event that Barry wouldn't become The Flash. He basically said that no matter what, Barry would have becomes The Flash.

Also there must have been a lot of pollen in the air to make my allergies act up so bad during this episode :shifty: