The Flash

TKz

That's my other concern - the writing already feels like it's taken a dip from them being spread too thin.

The idea of it as a Defenders type show would be great, though I kind of feel like hey - you should probably include Arrow and Flash in that case. Because if I'm not sure I care without bigger hero names, why would the casual viewer that's already getting their fix of this show from Arrow and Flash?

I really like Arrow and Flash and I'm not sure I need a third show. Or at least, not this third show. Flash was a clever spin off, because they went a new way with it. It's way more Superman to Arrow's Batman. But team up show isn't really that big a deal, Arrow and Flash both cover that pretty well already with the number of heroes and villains showing up.

I dunno. Throw Manu Bennett in and maybe we can talk.

I think at least one of the three unnamed characters they've been hinting about it will actually come from the Supergirl series to tie that into the universe (as rumored) as well. People forget that CBS owns part of The CW so a crossover over networks isn't impossible.

Holy fucking shit. That was well worth the wait, literally everything happened in that episode.

yea but reset switch episode next week?

Holy fucking shit. That was well worth the wait, literally everything happened in that episode.

yea but reset switch episode next week?

Good point. I immediately assumed they would undo the Cisco death, but I guess they can undo Harrison's reveal, Barry's reveal and the kiss too.

Yeah, I'm curious how they're going to handle it because I'm honestly not too thrilled about the prospect of those developments being erased entirely.

Great episode, though. The way they set everything up was perfect, except maybe the cringe-worthy double date stuff. I get the purpose of that scene but it doesn't really work when they've given no development to the feelings Iris apparently had. It was all internal, which can work because the trope is so familiar but it neuters some of the impact if we don't actively see that development. The bowling scene felt like something they tacked on later when they realized there'd be no indication whatsoever that Iris felt the same way as Barry.

Apparently the scene between Wells and Cisco was scripted completely differently. After reading the script, Cavanagh and Valdes approached the writers and said that wasn't how they felt the scene would go down and explained what they meant, so the script was changed to use their idea instead

My guess based on the preview of the next episode:

The Cisco death and Wells reveal will be undone, but the kiss and Iris finding out Barry is the Flash won't be. Basing that on what it showed with Barry and Eddie.

I'm also disappointed that they went with the obvious and Wells is Professor Zoom.

Most people share the same thoughts as I did in that everything that was done in this episode is pretty much undone by Barry going back in time. I'm hoping all is not forgotten.

I also disagree with GM as sometimes the obvious is the best way to go. There's no need with coming up with a "swerve" for the sake of it.

Apparently the scene between Wells and Cisco was scripted completely differently. After reading the script, Cavanagh and Valdes approached the writers and said that wasn't how they felt the scene would go down and explained what they meant, so the script was changed to use their idea instead

Do you know what it was originally?

What I hope happens as a result of the last episode:

Cisco's death is undone/prevented from happening, but what happened with Barry and Iris isn't. The Barry/Iris thing has gotten old already.

And I wonder if what happened to Captain Singh is a foreshadowing of Hunter Zolomon?

I'm more concerned about Wells, I kind of feel like Tom Cavanagh is fairly integral to the show.

He's going to leave a huge hole in the cast that'll need filling. I kinda hope they go with The Atom for it and expand on his character more.

She should. Interacting with the characters from The Flash is about the only time she's written like Felicity anymore instead of merely being a point in a triangle.

Also ditto re: losing Cavanagh. It'd be like losing Barrowman on Arrow though, which the producers clearly realized was a bad idea to even think about so I'm not sure they'll actually go with it. Unless he wants to, that is.

Edited by livid

He's such an integral part of the show, but honestly, he's not irreplaceable, they just need to find the right link to replace the missing one in the chain. I'm not sure Routh's Atom is the answer, but I'm sure there is one. Cavanagh clearly adores his role and put's his whole heart into it and it pays off.

And yeah, though I'd almost argue that it's Manu Bennett that's most missed. I love me some Barrowman, but man, I think the lack of Bennett in the flashbacks is hurting them even more than the played out story they're telling with it. >_>