The Flash

TKz

Spoiler

How can that even be possible? Like....Eobard did the speed Mirage thing, but this time we actually /saw/ the body. 

Like, I get that maybe Zoom perpetuated all this just for that Velocity 9. Now that it's perfected, he 'kills' himself and gets to figure out a way to get the Velocity. But I don't see how Jay could have killed himself in that portal.

Also, Cisco you are a bloody moron this week. Worried Caitlin might turn into Killer Frost? Really? You think that little of your best friend? 

This week was actually a pretty weak episode overall. Cisco being kind of dumb and not realising that maybe Caitlin is just keeping her feelings bottled up, Digs and Lila being there for what feels like no reason, Wells and his daughter having super boring scenes.

The worst might have been Wally and Barry. Their scenes were painful, and Wally's face when Barry didn't give him a gold star for his homework was so pathetic I laughed. 

Also, does everyone on the Flash have to be a genius of science of some kind? Seems like the only non-science people are Iris and Joe, now even Wally is kind of an expert on automotive engineering.

4 hours ago, Benkid Nada said:

This week was actually a pretty weak episode overall. Cisco being kind of dumb and not realising that maybe Caitlin is just keeping her feelings bottled up, Digs and Lila being there for what feels like no reason, Wells and his daughter having super boring scenes.

The worst might have been Wally and Barry. Their scenes were painful, and Wally's face when Barry didn't give him a gold star for his homework was so pathetic I laughed. 

Also, does everyone on the Flash have to be a genius of science of some kind? Seems like the only non-science people are Iris and Joe, now even Wally is kind of an expert on automotive engineering.

I guess it depends on how you look at it when you judge an episode whether or not this one was weak. I think that Flash does a very good job of balancing between the Superhero moments and some of the realities of real life. The stuff with Wally and Barry happens in every day real life. I think they did a great job of showing Wally as feeling left out and trying to live up to Barry and all the stories that he's been told about Barry. Then to have that same person tear apart everything you've worked on instead of actually helping out.

Sometimes superhero shows can forget about the normal every day things and I think Flash is the best right now at having a nice balance.

• Like 2

He wasn't tearing it apart, though, IMO. I saw it as constructive criticism and Wally just didn't like that someone was pointing out flaws instead of always giving him compliments like what Iris and Joe were doing. 

Wally as a character has always rubbed me the wrong way, though, so maybe it's just where I'm coming from.

• 4 weeks later...
Spoiler

So I really hope that Jessie stays gone. She was becoming very annoying and she was barely there. I'm intrigued to see where everything goes now that they know Jay is Zoom and that he's dying.

This past episode discussion

• Like 1

So following the crossover, The Flash had a 15% increase in ratings, and Supergirl also saw a significant increase in ratings.  Good!  Let the DCTU establish more!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Forky said:

Did I miss something? This was a cross over?

IT crossed over with the Supergirl episode that was on Monday night.  The Flash technically took place before Supergirl did

In The Flash, he learns about using tachyons to increase his speed.  In Supergirl, he appears wearing the tachyon generator thing that Reverse Flash was wearing in season 1

You should watch the crossover.  It was insanely fun.  To show how fast he was, Barry went and got everyone ice cream

ice-cream-yes.gif

• Like 2

I wholeheartedly agree. The Flash is awesome, and Supergirl can be a bit clumsy at times, but for some reason I am in love with the latter. Maybe it's because of the unbelievably cheesy music, Melissa Benoist being the best actor portraying a superhero on TV now or maybe the clunkiness of the script sort of adds to the charm of the show, but it's just enjoyable. If they both came out on the same day and I had to pick which one to watch, I'd go Supergirl every time. 

It's probably the best TV show from either Marvel or DC, barring Jessica Jones and Agent Carter.

Nah, I'd still pick The Flash, but Supergirl would be a close 2nd