EWB's Top 50 TV Shows of 2015: The Results

GoGo Yubari

Previously, on EWB's Top 50 TV Shows of 2015:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiO_CXplRbE

so. We're here. Just a ridiculous amount of programming this year and the results are, in general, a lot closer than usual.  Ballots were wildly divergent, though a couple patterns will start cropping up later on. But anyway, it's time for a celebration of a year of a ridiculous amount of great TV! Aaaaand also, setting the cutoff point at 23 points...

DOXWNNh.gifuddI5h6.gif06WlMYZ.gif

50. Girl Meets World (23 points, appeared on two ballots) (Last Year: NR)

cbL7gHi.png

49. Hannibal (23 points, appeared on three ballots) (Last Year: #13)

2BI8E4D.png

48. Fresh Off the Boat (23 points, appeared on five ballots) (Last Year: NR)

kutjway.png

47. Show Me a Hero (24 points, appeared on two ballots) (Last Year: NR)

VlSvMYA.png

46. How to Get Away With Murder (25 points, appeared on three ballots) (Last Year: NR)

Next Time, on EWB's Top 50 TV Shows 2015: So, you're finally getting cancelled. I knew you were going to run this show into the ground.

• Like 1

Girl Meets World managed to beat It's Always Sunny for 50th basically because I didn't feel like tallying for most of Christmas Eve/Day and so the final ballot to show up put it in. I don't watch but I do appreciate that it offered a good option for my tendency to give one show a year the GIF treatment.

Hannibal. Hannibal, Hannibal, Hannibal. That's a massive drop, but the first half of season 3 was the show going completely off the deep end. At some points for me it was actually borderline-unwatchable. But it finished strong so I'm glad it made the cut.

Fresh Off the Boat is great. Best family sitcom on TV (give or take Arrested Development season 5 actually happening). Hopefully it keeps going next year and finishes higher (maybe if Australia gets into it? Australia should like it).

The two most embarrassing "why haven't you gotten around to this, it's everything you love" pop culture things for me in 2015 are that a) I haven't listened to the new Blur album and b) I haven't watched the new David Simon miniseries. Next year, Show Me a Hero, I swear.

Never watched How To Get Away With Murder and I'm alright, that's okay.

• Like 1

six shows today, four tomorrow. Ties!

wYeDxD4.png

45. The Daily Show (26 points, appeared on three ballots) (Last Year: #42)

feflKCE.png

44. Steven Universe (27 points, appeared on two ballots) (Last Year: NR)

fnWuslU.png

43. Broad City (28 points, appeared on three ballots) (Last Year: #46)

xJdbUwY.png

42. Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp (29 points, appeared on four ballots) (Last Year: NR)

PUwSt5s.png

40 (tie). Toast of London (31 points, appeared on three ballots) (Last Year: #33)

CVoARn5.png

40 (tie). Castle (31 points, appeared on three ballots) (Last Year: NR)

Next Time, on EWB's Top 50 Shows of 2015: I did not know Gordon well. May he have a smooth journey to heaven. Or hell. Again, I did not know him.

Wet Hot American Summer is so fucking good, especially after you watch the movie. I wasn't aware of the film myself until the series came out and I cannot believe that I missed it. So many great stars had their debut in that film, it's nuts and pretty much all of them coming back for a prequel? Amazing.

• Like 1

I've only really seen three of these shows so far:

Hannibal - I didn't vote for it. Loved previous seasons but this season wasn't great. 

Steven Universe - Quite high up my list and am sad to see it this low actually. It might just look like a cartoon but it is a very complex show and has some genuinely touching moments.

Toast of London - I can't remember if it made my list in the end. I think it did but I did make some late additions and it was quite low anyway. Really good sitcom, Matt Berry is fantastic in it as he is with everything he does.

5 hours ago, I'm A Walker said:

Steven Universe - Quite high up my list and am sad to see it this low actually. It might just look like a cartoon but it is a very complex show and has some genuinely touching moments.

It's true! It's fun and silly for the kids, but complex and touching for adults. It's kinda like Avatar (THe Last Airbender & The Legend of Korra) that way. If you have a spare few hours, I'd watch a bunch of the episodes. They're only 10 minutes a piece or so, so easily digestible.

Plus, the music is fantastic. Get on this show, EWB. Do it!