ITT Cymbols needs a name

Cymbols

As part of my last year at uni, I need to come up with some kind of media product. I still have time to think up an idea, but at the minute, I'm leaning towards an indie pop/rock/indietronica music news site, but mainly focused on things going on in the UK, and Birmingham specifically, but not exclusively. 

So Kerrang, but more pop. Alt Press, but more UK. It's fairly niche, but nothing substantial currently exists in the market. 

Trouble is, I'm struggling to think up a name for the site, and if anyone has any suggestions or ideas or anything they'd like to say, it would be hugely appreciated. 

If you were focusing on Birmingham... is there a certain area within Birmingham in which there are plenty of gigs? Like in Liverpool we have Matthew Street which has The Cavern on it. Could possibly do something based around that.

Or if you wanted something that sounds shit then how about United-Popdom <_< 

3 hours ago, David Marrio said:

If you were focusing on Birmingham... is there a certain area within Birmingham in which there are plenty of gigs? Like in Liverpool we have Matthew Street which has The Cavern on it. Could possibly do something based around that.

Or if you wanted something that sounds shit then how about United-Popdom <_< 

Nah, no specific area in Birmingham. But the more I think about it, the more I want it to be UK wide, and not just Birmingham. 

• 4 weeks later...

To give you an update, I've submitted the project proposal, now I've just got to wait until sometime next month to find out if it gets the greenlight. I'm cautiously optimistic, I think the plan is solid, and it's now a joint venture, as I was able to convince one of my course mates to get involved. It's now solely an Alt music news site/blog hybrid, indie music is too well covered was the conclusion. 

Still open to name suggestions, we've got a few bouncing around, but at the minute one of ADG's is a firm favourite.