CDs are still cool

Cymbols

Yeah so I still buy my music on CD if I can help it. Less convenient than instantly downloading stuff sure, BUT, you get a physical copy for the car AND you can import it to your iTunes account, marvellous right. 

Last couple of years or so I've been dropping into HMV just after payday and buying a couple of CDs to expand my collection. But recently Music Magpie have started selling CDs though Amazon at like dirt cheap prices. It's perfect for buying older stuff that are probably no longer on the shelves. So I've been expanding my collection using that.

Just bought these:

We Are The Dynamite

The Blackout! The Blackout! The Blackout!

The Best In Town

All by the Blackout, for 3p. Including postage, it's cost me £3.81. Amazing. 

There's no real point to this, other than I like CDs, and if you do too, check out Music Magpie. 

Yeah, for my purposes I stick with vinyl and spotify. Vinyl is for the house, and spotify is for the car/gym. 

I would have stuck with my Ipod had it not shit the bed, that was fucking ideal. At this point, I might start buying CDs because there are some albums not on spotify that I'd like to hear in my car so CD is viable. Some stuff is only on CD, find that problem with a lot of 90s music. CDs are cool though. 

• 2 weeks later...

I still buy vinyl and CDs. Nothing is better than that record sound and when driving a CD sounds way better than bluetoothing your phone to the car or using a cord to play your phone. And like noted before that physical copy is unbeatable.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Well, if it helps sway your decision, the Birmingham show on September 30th they're playing Sticks & Stones and the self-titled album in full, and the Bristol show on October 5th has Sticks and Stones and Catalyst in full. I'm assuming those are the two closest to wherever you may be.

• 2 months later...

So there's an entertainment store in the shopping centre in Cardiff that's having a closing down sale, and uh, clearly they over bought some random stuff and are having a hard time shifting it. For example, they had one copy of Carly Rae Jepsen's newest album for £4. They had loads of copies of the deluxe edition of the same album for £3. Okay, sure. They didn't have any Green Day, YMAS, and a few other mainstream artists, but they also had like seven copies of a Neon Trees album. £3? Fuck it, why not. Also picked up a Young Guns record because it was only £6. 

I still buy CDs from time to time, but increasingly rarely. Unless it's something I really want - and those releases are few and far between these days, and usually just a new release by one of a small number of artists I buy everything from - I'm unlikely to order CDs online, but Jersey's bizarrely lucky enough to have three independent record shops, though only one that deals with new releases, and I'll pop in there every now and then and have a look through what they've got and see if anything catches my eye. I'll tend to buy CDs from bands at gigs, too, and my ex recently got back from Japan and bought me a lovely boxset of Les Rallizes Denudes stuff.

Silly part is, though, that I don't even own a CD player anyway. I end up ripping them to my laptop and listening to them on my iPod anyway.

I used to have a few thousand CDs, but got rid of the majority when I moved house - mostly given away to my parents or my brother, depending on what they were. Still got probably around a thousand or so, but struggling to find space for them, or justification to keep them.