Musical Pet Peeves

Draevyn

So one of my favorite bands put out a new song recently and as I listened to it, I realized that they did something that I hate with their song and I couldn't make it through the first two minutes even. The song was like 4 minutes long and had 2 verses and the rest of the song was nothing more than them repeating the hook and chorus over and over for the rest of the song. I hate that. If you don't have enough content for a long song, either don't make the song or make it shorter.

So what are some of your pet peeves when it comes to music?

33 minutes ago, Meacon said:

See, I'd say they're pop artists trying to be country. Which is pretty much 99% of country music now.

There are still some pretty good ones but sadly I feel like an era was over when George Strait hung up his boots and guitar :( 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, America's Most Forky said:

There are still some pretty good ones but sadly I feel like an era was over when George Strait hung up his boots and guitar :( 

There's still a few good country artists, they just don't get any air play. And I think Strait is still making music, he's just not touring anymore.

My most hated is twee acoustic guitar covers of an 80's or 90's song sung by some hipster who thinks that if you sing it with enough fake emotion you can make Vengaboys sound sincere and heartfelt. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 8/31/2017 at 11:49, MDK said:

My most hated is twee acoustic guitar covers of an 80's or 90's song sung by some hipster who thinks that if you sing it with enough fake emotion you can make Vengaboys sound sincere and heartfelt. 

This. I keep a Spotify playlist specifically of covers that aren't just slowed down or screamy versions of songs since that seems to be 98% of covers these days.

31 minutes ago, Apsham said:

This. I keep a Spotify playlist specifically of covers that aren't just slowed down or screamy versions of songs since that seems to be 98% of covers these days.

And it is always on an advert. Drives me absolutely bananas.

8 hours ago, King Jaffellis Joffer said:

I was gonna say, I call them 'John Lewis baitr'.

If it wasn't for the silly penguin or the bouncy badger would absolutely hate those adverts. And I think it is a banking advert that uses some shite acoustic version of Mad World. Really does my nut.