Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers **SPOILERS**

Mx. Canadian Destroyer

18 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

I was actually pretty high on this episode, but the actual vote makes it clear that once again they're not even going to humor the idea of having the story they're telling in the buildup inform how and why someone got voted out.

Hide contents

Instead, they basically made Chrissy look like an idiot because we were never given a reason to believe she might not actually be tight with Katrina or might be more interested in exploiting the fractures in the majority alliance.

and it's a shame, because there really was stuff I loved. Alan's insanity/crazy eyes, Dr. Mike vs. Joe, Ben as this island of sanity amidst a storm of feuding between Alan and Ashley and JP The Stripper Robot. This could actually turn out to be a reasonably interesting season but it's a shame one of my biggest recent season pet peeves reared its ugly head immediately.

Exactly. All the drama in the world and then it fizzles into the most boring tribal of all, so in the end we never even got an actual reason why the tribe voted the person out. Incredible nonsense.

Do I have to spoiler things?

Spoiler

The first thing this season was a damn super idol, they spent a good chunk of the episode on it while the coverage for the other two tribes were Dr. Mike looking for an idol and what's his face saying he knows people found an idol.  The episode was literally 90% idols and it didn't even get played...

I'm not saying I hated it or anything, but I guess we know which way they are going when it comes to advantages.

Totally agree with GoGo. I thought the character stuff from the episode was great, but not letting us see the strategy behind the vote really soured things. 

My thoughts:

Spoiler

So I'm doing the Power Rankings thing. Had Katrina ranked 17th, giving me 17 points. Pretty good considering I did not expect the Heroes tribe to go to Tribal first. 

In the pre-season stuff I listened to, I thought Katrina was going to be a very entertaining pre-merge boot. She had a ton of character and none of it was shown on tv. I guess they wanted to focus on Alan's craziness, the Ashley/JP dynamic, Ben being the sane castaway in a group of wild folks and then Chrissy getting the idol. There was a lot to show on that tribe, but Katrina seemed like an amazing character. No shot of winning, but she'd at least be entertaining. I had Alan ranked really high pre-season, he was articulate and smart in his interviews. But I think being locked up got to him and he jumped out of the gate too hard. I'm hoping he can calm down a bit and find his footing.

Loved Ryan from the Hustlers. We didn't see much from their tribe but he seems like a standout. Looks like Patrick may not be long for that tribe either. Liked Ali, thought she seemed smart.

Loved the Joe/Mike confrontation. I am rooting for Mike. He seems like such a lovable underdog. I think the Tony comparisons will catch up to Joe. Cole is a dreamboat, so he needs to stay on my tv for as long as possible. And I think I also have a crush on Roark, so she can stay too.

Eh, I'd say it was one of the weakest premiers in a while. I think there were some entertaining scenes that show some interesting character stuff, but the strategy is totally lacking.

I think it's probably worth watching to see if you would keep watching, if you know what I mean. 

• 2 weeks later...

Episodes 2 and 3 were my favorite episodes of Survivor since Kaoh Rong. 

Lots of interesting character development. Outside of 2 people, I know everyone and everyone has had some great character development. 

• Like 1