The January Transfer Window - 2019

Lineker

50 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at Perisic, but we badly need another defender to come in and I haven't seen us linked with anybody. Our best two centre-halves are the wrong side of 30, one is a clown, one is crocked and one is promising but has barely played any first team football.

Hopefully Sokratis and Koscielny will be OK for City away next weekend (doubtful) or that will not be pretty.

I've had a word, they're just gonna cancel football next week.

• Like 1

Inter have rejected Arsenal's approach for Ivan Perisic. Arsenal only want to do a loan deal in this window, but Inter will only sell.

I know from United being linked with him multiple times under Mourinho that you're unlikely to get this one done unless you pay the asking price.

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

Inter have rejected Arsenal's approach for Ivan Perisic. Arsenal only want to do a loan deal in this window, but Inter will only sell.

I know from United being linked with him multiple times under Mourinho that you're unlikely to get this one done unless you pay the asking price.

Arsenal paying the asking price. :lol:

Plus £1. :shifty:

Sounds like Perisic has handed in a transfer request too.

• Admin

The Telegraph are reporting that Manchester City have agreed to sell the 18-year-old Welsh international Rabbi Matondo to Schalke for €13m. Borussia Monchengladbach, RB Leipzig, Hoffenheim and Milan were also interested in the player, who appears set to become the latest young British starlet to relocate to Germany.

Amazing name.

8 minutes ago, Lineker said:

The Telegraph are reporting that Manchester City have agreed to sell the 18-year-old Welsh international Rabbi Matondo to Schalke for €13m. Borussia Monchengladbach, RB Leipzig, Hoffenheim and Milan were also interested in the player, who appears set to become the latest young British starlet to relocate to Germany.

Amazing name.

Pronounced how a Scottish person would say Robbie I believe. That’s how the commentator for Wales vs Albania said it. 

2 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

There are rumours that any deal bringing Ivan Perisic to Arsenal will involve Mesut Ozil going in the opposite direction. 

Not sure how I feel about this. 

I really like Ozil, think he's a great player but for all he's done at the club I genuinely think his time at Arsenal is over. He's not going to win over Emery from here on and even if Emery is replaced, Ozil is only going to get older and slower. I'm not sure Perisic is the answer but if he comes in on a short term deal and puts in a good performance for the rest of the season, I think it be worth the swap.

He's not really been justifying his wages but nobody is interested in taking them on either. It would have been horrific to have lost him and Sanchez in one window last year, but the alternative was giving him ridiculous wage. Rock and a hard place.

like whats been said before, i dont see ozil getting into emery's plans, so get those wages gone, but is perisic gonna add anything? i guess he'd only talk half of ozil's wage and actually start games, so in a way its an improvement. I would throw ozil in just to save paying a fee and clear some wages

Perisic would definitely be a welcome addition in my mind. We badly lack a proper wide player and he fits the bill. 

The only thing that concerns me is the short-term thinking again, as he’s turning 30 before the end of the season. 

I also read that he’s missed 1 game out of 130 (?) odd through injury for Inter. So that means he’ll definitely come down with a bad case of season-ending Arsenalitis if he does join. 

Other than him, we are still being linked with Malcolm from Barcelona on a possible loan deal.

Apparently we'll announce Suarez (not that one) in the next 24 hours. Probably tomorrow given we're playing tonight. I don't know much about him but if we get him and Perisic as actual wingers then my hope is it leaves our LB/RB to actually stay in defence rather than bomb forward all the time. I wouldn't be gutted about this window if we get both but still would have loved a CB.