The January Transfer Window - 2019

Lineker

12 hours ago, Lineker said:

Ajax midfielder Frenkie de Jong will join Barcelona this summer on a five-year contract for €75m (£65.3m), the La Liga club have announced.

Really looking forward how he'll do over there. Next big Dutch transfer will be De Ligt

• Admin

Newcastle have completed their first piece of business of the January transfer window with the left-back Jordan Lukaku joining on loan from Lazio.

The 24-year-old, who is the younger brother of Manchester United’s Romelu, arrives on a loan until the end of the season with Newcastle having the option to buy the defender in the summer. It is not clear what the fee would be at this stage.

Lukaku has been at Lazio since 2016 but struggled with a knee injury at the start of this season and has been mainly on the bench for Simone Inzaghi’s side.

2 hours ago, Colly said:

After Amalfitano, Murphy and Lukaku I think we should just start signing footballers less talented brothers from now on. Thorgan Hazard was linked for a while too. 

Missing out right there, then. Simone Inzaghi manages Lazio. Could go together with Jordan Lukaku as a footabller's less talented brother pack.

18 hours ago, Colly said:

After Amalfitano, Murphy and Lukaku I think we should just start signing footballers less talented brothers from now on. Thorgan Hazard was linked for a while too. 

The lesser talented relatives of footballers is a Newcastle United tradititon dating back to Paul Dalglish 

• Like 1

• Admin

Paris St-Germain have won the race to sign the highly rated Argentinian midfielder Leandro Paredes for €40m (£34.7m) plus €5m in potential add-ons. The 24-year-old has been playing for Zenit St Petersburg since the summer of 2017, having previously represented Boca Juniors, Chievo, Roma and Empoli.

The central midfielder was one of the most sought-after players in this window and PSG will be delighted to have secured him on a long-term deal, especially after losing out on Ajax’s Frenkie De Jong, who has joined Barcelona.

PSG are set to lose one of their central midfielders, Adrien Rabiot, in the summer with the Frenchman having agreed to join Barcelona on a free. The PSG manager, Thomas Tuchel, was keen to bring in Paredes, who has nine caps, to begin a squad overhaul.

PSG will be without Neymar for a considerable time after he suffered a metatarsal injury in his right foot during a 2-0 victory over Racing Strasbourg in the French Cup on Wednesday. They are top of the French league and next play Rennes on Sunday night. They face Manchester United in the last 16 of the Champions League, with the first leg on 12 February.

I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at Perisic, but we badly need another defender to come in and I haven't seen us linked with anybody. Our best two centre-halves are the wrong side of 30, one is a clown, one is crocked and one is promising but has barely played any first team football.

Hopefully Sokratis and Koscielny will be OK for City away next weekend (doubtful) or that will not be pretty.