E3 2019

GoGo Yubari

1 minute ago, GoGo Yubari said:

FFXIV always looks neat to me but I for sure don't have time to commit seriously to an MMO, certainly not a  non-F2P one.

I think I could invest my time into it more if it was easy to play with a controller on PS4. I'm not a PC gamer mainly because I like to have a controller in my hand when I play....not to mention most good games are console games anyway.

It'd feel real weird trying to play a proper MMO without a keyboard to me, honestly. But then I usually hang on RP servers and like fuck am I doing that with voice chat.

So, after watching the conferences...

Microsoft > Square (I'm just as surprised) > Bethesda > Ubisoft

Nintendo will likely end up #2 or 3 (all they need to do is show Fire Emblem and Pokemon and I'm happy).

Also, I just realized last night... since I have GamePass Ultimate until September 2020, I am getting a WHOLE lot of games for free (while I have the subscription). That means my likely game of the year, Outer Worlds, I don't even need to buy since it's going to be on Gamepass.

34 minutes ago, GoGo Yubari said:

I'm inclined to agree with that order, with the caveat that I'm more interested in Watch Dogs Legion than anything Bethesda showed.

I would agree with that, since it actually showed something. But I'm super interested in Deathloop. Although I doubt we see any gameplay on that until next E3.

Honestly, all the conferences have been somewhat underwhelming so far, which is a damn shame.

I was super hyped for Microsoft whilst it was happening, but that conference should have had everyone coming out of it wanting to invest in an Xbox. Instead all the games I'm interested in from it are available elsewhere and it was very much a case of them telling us to wait until next year.

Bethesda wasn't great. The Fallout 76 additions have me interested and I'll probably finally pick it up at some point but it's still very much down the totem poll as far as excitement is concerned. DOOM Eternal and Deathloop both look phenomenal, but only DOOM is coming this year.

Ubisoft was bad. Legion looks promising (if it works) but there was literally nothing else that hyped me up. The Division 2 DLC looks okay, and I might jump back in for it but it hasn't totally blown up my skirt.

Square was a 2 game show. FFVII looked absolutely stonking, but it seems like the first part is only going to be Midgar, which makes me think it's either going to be a very underwhelming part 2 or it'll be split into 700 parts. I don't want that game to be as top heavy as it seems to be. Still, that trailer was pure fanservice and I loved it. I'm not sold on Avengers yet. I don't like that it sounds like a service game and it looked a little dated.

Fuck, E3 hasn't been great this year.

Not going to get a chance to watch it live, but will watch this evening. Hoping for some Metroid news, a release date on the Link's Awakening remake and some new Smash DLC.

Honestly, even one of those three and Nintendo will have won this year's super lacklustre E3.

It's basically guaranteed that there's a new Smash DLC character in here. I want details on the new Animal Crossing, I might finally jump back in after like seventeen years.