E3 2019

GoGo Yubari

It's a weird one this year! Sony isn't bothering to show up and EA doesn't have a real press conference and is instead doing their version of Nintendo's Treehouse streams where they're just going to be showing off various games all day, so it's just all the other ones who did press conferences last year. Square's doing theirs on an actual stage this year, at least? Except also, Google is ever-so-conveniently doing some sort of streaming thing for Stadia tomorrow. Totally not a part of E3, except for how it's timed just before E3, so I figure I'm rolling that up into this thread too.

Here's the schedule:

Google Stadia Connect: Thursday, June 6 - 12 PM ET

EA Play Live Stream: Saturday, June 8 - 12:15 PM ET

Microsoft: Sunday, June 9 - 4:00 PM ET

Bethesda: Sunday, June 9 - 8:30 PM ET

Devolver Digital: Sunday, June 9 - 10:00 PM ET

PC Gaming Show: Monday, June 10 - 1:00 PM ET

Ubisoft: Monday, June 10 - 4:00 PM ET

Square Enix: Monday, June 10 - 9:00 PM ET

Nintendo Direct: Tuesday, June 11 - 12 PM ET

I'll try to have streams up in this thread as much as I can, though for the Stadia thing I might be just coming off a shift at work. So, EWB, what are you expecting/hoping to see?

• Like 2

What I want to see more of: Outer Worlds, Cyberpunk 2077, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy 7 and whatever else SE is showing (I am feeling optimistic about them this year?)

EA is gonna be shit. Ubi might be interesting. And I don't even know why Bethesda is bothering considering they aren't showing Starfield or Elderscrolls 6.

38 minutes ago, Ruki said:

And I don't even know why Bethesda is bothering considering they aren't showing Starfield or Elderscrolls 6.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of The Outer Worlds. Besides that, Bethesda needs to have some surprises up its sleeve because that and Doom Eternal aren't enough to carry an entire conference.

42 minutes ago, Ruki said:

What I want to see more of: Outer Worlds, Cyberpunk 2077, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy 7 and whatever else SE is showing (I am feeling optimistic about them this year?)

They're showing off the Avengers game finally.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I'm looking forward to seeing more of The Outer Worlds. Besides that, Bethesda needs to have some surprises up its sleeve because that and Doom Eternal aren't enough to carry an entire conference.

Outer Worlds is actually Obsidian, who is owned by Xbox, so they will be showing up there I imagine. I think Bethesda has Doom, the next Wolfenstein, probably some Elder Scrolls online crap, maybe Rage 2 DLC, and "Hey! Look at this stuff coming for Fallout 76!". I will hope for another Prey or Dishonored type game. Arkane studios does good shit.

Every year I say this so here goes again. New Dragon Age footage! :D Also Beyond Good and Evil 2 stuff. Maybe new Assassins Creed since I actually really loved the last one. Microsoft also said they are bringing "Something you've never seen before" whatever that means

The Stadia thing will have the release date and pricing, or so I've read, so now I'm more interested in that. Probably a couple games; maybe something from Ubisoft since they seem to be tightest with them?

Splinter Cell....just make a new Splinter Cell game. 

Hell just have a remastered one and I'll be happy 

• Like 1

I want to see stuff about all the super hero games in development. I want a release date for Last Of Us. And something that's going to make me want to buy FF7 Remake when it comes out.

8 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Unlikely, given that Sony won't be there. I reckon that announcement will come later this year.

Oh shit, I forgot about that. Wasn't it set to be released like 1st quarter this year and then it was pulled back? So then I guess I'm just mostly looking for info on the comic based games.

3 minutes ago, The Fork Fork said:

Oh shit, I forgot about that. Wasn't it set to be released like 1st quarter this year and then it was pulled back? So then I guess I'm just mostly looking for info on the comic based games.

Last of Us was rumoured for November, but has been pushed back to I imagine February/March next year.

I feel slightly less hyped than I normally would for E3 this year, probably off the back of Sony pulling out. I'm looking forward to seeing Watch Dogs Legion, DOOM Eternal, FFVII Remake and whatever the Avengers game is, but other than that there's nothing I'm too hyped for, and that's a shame.

I'm hoping Microsoft pull out the big guns, they've definitely got something to prove and the best conferences always come from companies on the back foot. Ubisoft and Bethesda always put on fun conferences, Devolver is always bonkers and Stadia has my interest piqued.