E3 2019

GoGo Yubari

Link's Awakening looks so goddamn good.

I wish I still loved JRPGs like I did in middle/high school because there's an absolute billion of them this year.

I hope they put out the first two No More Heroes on Switch. No More Heroes 3 is a neat announcement but being real, I never finished the first or played the second outside of a PAX demo.

Nice to actually have an exciting surprise at E3! That was a solid conference, I think I liked it about as much as Microsoft. Overall I think I'd say for me it was something like: Microsoft > Nintendo >>>>>> Square >>> Bethesda > Ubisoft.

This was a weird E3 for me. I don't even think there was someone who was outright better than any conference but there wasn't loads of stand out moments either. 

For gamers, I thought Microsoft had the best news with the ultimate game pass. If you're a PC gamer and play on Xbox that was a really good piece of news to have. They were always gonna announce the new console here but that was the stand out thing for me for them. Although I like Halo, I'm not the biggest Halo fan at the same time so for me that was like "Oh it's a new Halo" same with Gears. 

Ubi, I thought Watch Dogs: Legion looked to be a really interesting concept and one that I would love to play. But, again there wasn't that much there that hadn't already kind of been rumoured or announced

Square Enix was the Final Fantasy 7 show mainly. Avengers could be interesting but there's not enough there to judge it. 

Nintendo had a new Breath of the Wild sequal which I didn't expect whatsoever so that was a nice shock, looking forward to new a new Animal Crossing as well. Link's Awakening looks really pretty too so that'll be fun. 

A lot of stuff these days is cross console so it was nice seeing more of the likes of Outer Worlds, Cyberpunk etc. 

Something that I did really like the look of was the new Vampire: The Masquerades Bloodline 2. 

21 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

Wait... how did you do that?

You know they have the sale where you can upgrade to Ultimate for $1? Well if you do that it converts all your remaining months of gold to Ultimate too. So now I have Game Pass Ultimate until November 2020 :P 

Yeh I was telling a friend about it after I saw what Microsoft released; so either Microsoft have been really generous or made a bit of an oversight. 

Purchase of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate automatically upgrades your existing Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass membership(s) to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at a conversion ratio each based on days remaining. Future code redemptions are also subject to a conversion ratio. Conversion ratio subject to change. All conversions to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate are final: Once converted, you cannot re-convert your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership back to a previous membership. Maximum 36 months of redeemed Xbox Game Pass Ultimate per account at a time, including any converted time from Xbox Live Gold and/or Xbox Game Pass (for PC or console).