16 (2019/20 season) - Final Table

Baddar

16 - Week 16 Picks

@Gorka 38pts - Leicester (v Norwich, Home, Premier League)

@Moses Julep 37pts - Leeds (v Cardiff, Home, Championship)

@Adam 35pts - Leicester (v Norwich, Home, Premier League)

------------------------------------

Permutations;

Gorka will win the game if Leicester beat Norwich, or if they match Leeds' result against Cardiff.

Moses will win the game if Leeds win and Leicester don't.

Due to the one point gap at the top, the only way the game can go to a play-off is if Leicester lose to Norwich and Leeds draw against Cardiff.

Adam picked the same team as Gorka, so can only reach 2nd place if Leeds lose and Leicester win.

Just now, Adam said:

Booooo.

If Cardiff and Leicester both lose now, I will be lodging a formal protest :shifty:.

Out of interest, who would you have gone for instead?

Personally, I would have looked at Gorka's 15 other picks and just assumed he was gonna go with Leicester so made sure I picked a different team. SURELY they'll win today but it's no guarantee.

6 minutes ago, Bad Santa said:

Out of interest, who would you have gone for instead?

Personally, I would have looked at Gorka's 15 other picks and just assumed he was gonna go with Leicester so made sure I picked a different team. SURELY they'll win today but it's no guarantee.

It takes me enough effort to remember who I've already picked myself, nevermind someone else :P.

It's no big deal, I threw it away last week anyway going with Rotherham. To be honest I didn't look much past Leicester as my choice aside from a silly temptation to go with Rovers.

Week 16 Results

Adam 36pts - Leicester (D 1-1)
Baddar 31pts - Preston (W 2-1)
Colly 35pts - Plymouth (W 3-0)
Dang 30pts - Leicester (D 1-1)
David Marrio 17pts -
Gorka 39pts - Leicester (D 1-1)
Jam 32pts - Preston (W 2-1)
Moses 38pts - Leeds (D 3-3)
Niner 24pts -
Szumi 23pts - Leicester (D 1-1)
Yorkshiresbadass 35pts - Leicester (D 1-1)

Wins - 3
Draws - 6
Losses - 0

16 (2019/20 season) Final Table

1st - @Gorka 39pts
2nd - @Moses Julep 38pts
3rd - @Adam 36pts
4th - @Colly 35pts
5th - @Yorkshiresbadass 35pts
6th - @Jam 32pts
7th - @Bad Santa 31pts
8th - @Dang117 30pts
9th - @9 to 5 24pts
10th - @It's Pronounced Zoom-E 23pts
11th - @DavidMarrio 17pts

What an end to the game!

Leeds were 3-0 up against Cardiff at one point, and with Leicester being held at home to Norwich, it looked certain that Moses would at the very least force Gorka to pray for a Leicester goal at the King Power, but Cardiff clawed it back to 3-3 at Elland Road (with 10 men) to hand Gorka the victory in unlikely fashion.

Congrats to him, who follows up his Prediction League win last season with a win here in 16. I will sort you out with a gift after Christmas!

Thanks once again to everyone who played along, and hopefully we can do this again next season.

I may not be done with my Sports Bar games though, so watch this space in early 2020!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2