Tell me about the Nintendo Switch

VerbalPuke

Most places that sell used retro games will have copies of Mario 64. Some of them are outrageously priced, so be careful looking around if you do. I had Mario 64 on the Wii when the Wii Shop had Nintendo 64 games available to download, but they've since shut down the online portion of that.

You should be able to get a Nintendo 64 for $50-$100 depending on where you go though. I've seen good copies of Mario 64 sell for as little as $30, but as much as $200 in some shops.

18 hours ago, VerbalPuke said:

It is a bummer,  but on the other hand, you can get reasonable prices on the used market. And I'm good with that because the games are these tiny card things so they really can't get scratched and shit. 

That's true for physical games, but a lot of ports on Switch are digital only. The big saving grace for me has been that I've been able to get good deals on eShop credit, which effectively makes digital games cheaper. If you're living in a country where eShop vouchers are never sold at less than face value, however, your only option is to fork out ridiculous prices for games that are over a decade old.

10 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

That's true for physical games, but a lot of ports on Switch are digital only. The big saving grace for me has been that I've been able to get good deals on eShop credit, which effectively makes digital games cheaper. If you're living in a country where eShop vouchers are never sold at less than face value, however, your only option is to fork out ridiculous prices for games that are over a decade old.

Where do you get good deals on eShop credit?

1 hour ago, Liam said:

Where do you get good deals on eShop credit?

Shopto sometimes has £30 cards on sale for under £25, and I've come across some cheap ones on eBay once or twice. It's the sort of thing that you don't see often, so it's worth snapping up on the rare occasions they pop up.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My son got straight A's, so we rewarded him with Mario Maker 2. Really fun so far and have only done story mode. Really cool that my kid is getting an chance to play Mario as I remember it (with alterations of course). Actually I'm watching him play as Mario in a boot right now. 

I'm really looking forward to making my own levels.

On 01/02/2020 at 14:59, VerbalPuke said:

My son got straight A's, so we rewarded him with Mario Maker 2. Really fun so far and have only done story mode. Really cool that my kid is getting an chance to play Mario as I remember it (with alterations of course). Actually I'm watching him play as Mario in a boot right now. 

I'm really looking forward to making my own levels.

Puke, my kids love Mario Maker. How old is your son again? 

My kids suck at platforming at the moment, so I give them puzzle levels with lots of power-ups and few enemies. 

When I get home, I'll find out my Mario Maker ID and flip it to you. 

1 hour ago, RPS said:

Puke, my kids love Mario Maker. How old is your son again? 

My kids suck at platforming at the moment, so I give them puzzle levels with lots of power-ups and few enemies. 

When I get home, I'll find out my Mario Maker ID and flip it to you. 

8 and 7.

We didn't get too far into the creation aspect which I'm hoping I can play with more. 

I don't know if I have an ID, haven't seen that aspect yet?