Ollie beats the shit out of his backlog

probablyoliver

I'd say so, for sure. The first one is definitely the weakest of the three but its still in my view a great game, does a great job building the personalities of the characters and story, but the gunplay is a bit weak.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Colly said:

Treat it like I did Mass Effect then when I did all 3 for the first time a couple of years ago, accept that the first one is a bit clunky but worth it?

Well Mass Effect 1 is my favourite of the series so maybe just go with it >_>

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Colly said:

Treat it like I did Mass Effect then when I did all 3 for the first time a couple of years ago, accept that the first one is a bit clunky but worth it?

Exactly. Uncharted 1 is fine, but old game is old and you have to play it understanding that this was Naughty Dog's first foray into 'real life' action/adventure. The first Uncharted plays more like Jak & Daxter than it does the Last of Us, but it shouldn't be skipped because the foundations it lays with the Nate/Sully/Elena relationship is fantastic.

It's also pretty short, only 7-8 hours or so, so even if the jank is hard to get through, it won't take you long to do so.

• Like 1

Seeing you mention on the previous page that Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order plays a bit like Uncharted makes me even more interested in eventually playing it.

I also got the Uncharted Collection from PS+ (as well as Uncharted 4 for Xmas) and I'm loving it. I'd previously bought the PS3 versions from a second hand shop but never got round to playing them, partly because my backlog is also pretty big but also because there's only one HDMI port in my monitor and it's usually either in the PS4 or the gf's Switch. Having the games installed on the PS4 makes them way more accessible and I've found myself using the console more in the last month than I had in the previous six.

I'm also playing Heavy Rain and finding it... odd. The gameplay isn't great, I've found myself struggling with doorframes quite a lot, but I'm really digging the story so far and the visuals are stunning. It's actually making me want to grab LA Noire again because I don't think I ever completed it. The biggest surprise I've had so far was

getting the trophy for correctly telling the cops what time it was and what Shaun was wearing at the park before he disappeared. I wasn't paying attention to any of those things! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 26/02/2020 at 11:53, Ollie said:

Exactly. Uncharted 1 is fine, but old game is old and you have to play it understanding that this was Naughty Dog's first foray into 'real life' action/adventure. The first Uncharted plays more like Jak & Daxter than it does the Last of Us, but it shouldn't be skipped because the foundations it lays with the Nate/Sully/Elena relationship is fantastic.

It's also pretty short, only 7-8 hours or so, so even if the jank is hard to get through, it won't take you long to do so.

Does the combat (or at least frequency of it) improve in 2? I just want to explore and I'm spending half my time dealing with annoying waves of baddies and a rubbish shooting system.

• 2 months later...

I finished Uncharted 2. If I keep up this average of 2-3 months a game I might have finished my PS3 backlog before PS6 comes out!

Really good game. Happy to play on normal difficulty as I still find the combat the least enjoyable bit of it, but a definite step up from the first one.

1 hour ago, Colly said:

I finished Uncharted 2. If I keep up this average of 2-3 months a game I might have finished my PS3 backlog before PS6 comes out!

Really good game. Happy to play on normal difficulty as I still find the combat the least enjoyable bit of it, but a definite step up from the first one.

I played all 3 uncharted games for the PS3 since March. 2 was definitely the best (IMO).