Christian Eriksen collapses during Denmark/Finland match; appears to receive CPR on the pitch

Szumi

okay. I have slept on it. Turns out UEFA gave the players the choice between resuming the game last night or resume today at noon. That was something that got Michael Laudrup angry after the game. He was on as a pundit and i have translated some of his quotes: 

"“I respect that our own team did it, and in itself also the Finns. But when something like this happens, you are in the throes of your emotions, and there you do not have the surplus and overview to make important decisions. There must be some who say that then we stop here,"

"‘I think it is wrong to have to make a decision so close to an emotional event. There one should have had: ‘We will not play anymore tonight, and then we will probably find the opportunities later. I think it was incredibly nice that the players could find the surplus to continue. But they get a choice that is not the right choice. I think, excuse me, it's not a choice"

• Like 1

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and please dont get me started on the idiots that claim it is because of a covid vaccine that he should have got in Milano on May 31st 

First of all. He wasnt in Milano on that date. He had joined the national team assembly on May 28th, so that is a crock of you know what. 

Edited by DanishmadePunk

as happy i am that he was brought back, as furious i am with UEFA.
Prior to the tournament, they made a rule change that allowed for postponement for 48 hrs in case of positive covid 19 tests. Yet they forced the Denmark-Finland match to be either done yesterday or to resume today at noon cet (less than 24 hours after the events of yesterday). 

🤬 

Yeah I only learned about Blind fairly recently. These things are all different though so there's no guarantees, but if nothing else he should be able to lead a fairly normal life even if it's off the pitch.

• Admin

Christian Eriksen has been discharged from hospital after a successful operation to fit a defibrillator implant. The Denmark midfielder had to be resuscitated on the pitch at Parken in Copenhagen after having a cardiac arrest during the first half of his side’s 1-0 Euro 2020 Group B defeat to Finland on Saturday evening.

The 29-year-old Internazionale player is returning home after having an implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD) fitted and has visited his Denmark teammates.

A statement from the Danish FA read: “Christian Eriksen has been through a successful operation and was today discharged from Rigshospitalet. Today he also visited the national team in Helsinger and from there he will go home and spend time with his family.”

Eriksen added in a statement: “Thank you for the massive number of greetings, it has been incredible to see and feel. The operation went well and I am doing well under the circumstances.

“It was great to see the guys again after the fantastic game they played last night. No need to say that I will be cheering them on Monday against Russia.”

There was a huge outpouring of affection for Eriksen during Denmark’s 2-1 defeat to Belgium on Thursday, most notably the applause from supporters, staff, officials and players in the 10th minute of the match. Eriksen wears No 10 for Denmark.

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...