Christian Eriksen collapses during Denmark/Finland match; appears to receive CPR on the pitch

Szumi

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even know why, but what broke me was that the Finnish fans threw their flags on to the pitch so the medical team could shield him as he was being carried out.

I'm a lot more hopeful than I was 20 minutes ago, I just hope it's not misplaced.

• Sad 1

• Admin

Google translate: Christian Eriksen is awake and is for further examinations at Rigshospitalet. The match is temporarily postponed. New message comes at 19.45.

This is from the doctor who ran from the crowd onto the pitch at White Hart Lane to tend to the aid of Fabrice Muamba.

• Like 2

I love my nordic brothers.... <3. Fuck. Now im crying again. Such class

• Like 1

The agent of Eriksen, Martin Schoots (who is Dutch), called with Dutch Radio 1 and confirmed he had spoken to Eriksen's father. Confirms that Christian is awake and communicating, family and girlfriend are there with him as they're keeping him under examination.

Source (in dutch): https://nos.nl/liveblog/2384729-ek-duel-denemarken-finland-stilgelegd-eriksen-is-bij-kennis#UPDATE-container-53767254

• Admin
Just now, JasonM said:

The agent of Eriksen, Martin Schoots (who is Dutch), called with Dutch Radio 1 and confirmed he had spoken to Eriksen's father. Confirms that Christian is awake and communicating, family and girlfriend are there with him as they're keeping him under examination.

Source (in dutch): https://nos.nl/liveblog/2384729-ek-duel-denemarken-finland-stilgelegd-eriksen-is-bij-kennis#UPDATE-container-53767254

This was nerve-racking. I didn't watch it live, as I'm at work, I only saw the news when I took a little break. But watching it happen, I couldn't help but remembering a Benfica player who passed away in 2004 after collapsing in a similar manner to Eriksen's. I'm so, so glad he seems to have pulled through.

• Like 1

i dont care if we lose our games at this tournament. This team have shown balls. And UEFA should be ashamed

That is a captain! 

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1403782389684486145?s=20

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, DanishmadePunk said:

Kasper Schmeichel also being a major baws. 

I have seen Kasper do all kinds of amazing things on that pitch, but the way he handled that was the best of all. He was an absolute king for how he dealt with everything. So glad Eriksen seems to be stable.

• Like 1