What random thing in games bothers you?

Benji

44 minutes ago, 9 to 5 said:

It is probably the MGS game that Kojima doesn't express his shitty portrayal of his female characters as much, that we must agree on at least?

yeah, fair.

on that note, what the hell was up with The Boss' scar? not just the whole "somehow turned into a snake" thing, but the fact that it even looked the way it did in the first place.

all the MGS lore I've read and I still can't figure out what the fuck was that all about.

Two things related to the classic NES Mega Man series. 

The first has to do with Mega Man 3. I strongly believe that this is an unfinished game. For starters, the game uses a different pallete than the other games in the series. 

This is selecting any of the Rush items:
image.png

And in 2, 4, 5, and 6:
image.png

And it just fucking bugs me that they screwed that up. Additionally, there are obvious bugs at times, a famous 'cheat' is really a testing mode that was left in. The color of the bosses health bar, while in most Mega Man games uses a color that the boss incorporates, is a shitty dark red for most of the game, and so on. Then you have this:
image.png

That spacing really bothers me :(  . They didn't center it, even though they had in the two previous titles. 

Don't get me wrong, I still like Mega Man 3, but damn, if only they had finished it. 

And that brings me to Mega Man 4. The only issue I have with Mega Man 4, is that the energy refill takes for fucking ever compared to the other games. IDK how they messed that up since it's been a standard feature in the games, but it's one reason why I could live without Mega Man 4. 

• Haha 1

On 21/09/2021 at 21:55, OctoberRaven said:

yeah, fair.

on that note, what the hell was up with The Boss' scar? not just the whole "somehow turned into a snake" thing, but the fact that it even looked the way it did in the first place.

all the MGS lore I've read and I still can't figure out what the fuck was that all about.

Battlefield C-Section as performed by a blind man with tremors?

16 minutes ago, JasonM said:

Battlefield C-Section as performed by a blind man with tremors?

Even if they would have a blind man with tremors as a medic in the first place, why the hell was she doing *anything* on D-Day nine months pregnant?

Even then, WHAT THE FUCK WAS UP WITH IT TURNING INTO A FUCKIN SNAKE?

The best solution I can come up was that it was that MGS3 was actually either a dream or a VR mission, but there's no source material that confirms this. Though the latter would make sense considering a lot of anarchonisms.... or it would until MGS5 had Venom Snake with a fuckin' iPad in the 80s and could transport goats via wormholes.

6 hours ago, MadJack said:

Who, whilst basically breathing through his skin, was not basically nude. He wore a fucking leaf coat.

Code Talker also had the same powers, in fact from the same source as Quiet even.