1 hour ago, gunnar hendershow said:

THE ANGELOS FAMILY IS SELLING!!

IT'S OVER! IT'S FINALLY FUCKING OVER!

Massive win for that fanbase.  Angelos sells while the team is good and the value is high, new owners take over who hopefully won’t be cheap and will pony up to extend Adley and Co.

Losing DL Hall is tough I really was rooting for him. Ortiz was very expendable as the 5th best IF prospect on a team that already has Ramon Urias able to play at the utility guy. But I really, really think this is more than reasonable (if not an underpay) for Burnes.

We could theoretically still get Cease and still have a loaded farm system.

• Like 1

Mets have "had dialogue" with JD Martinez.  This feels like agent speak for "we're gonna float it out there that Steve Cohen wants to make a last minute big signing so someone jumps in last second and overpays".  I'll believe they sign him when I see it.  My guess is he winds up elsewhere.

Ironically, Mets fans spent most of this offseason complaining about the lineup looking like a punt season and now they're in a spot where they could possibly add a guy who hit 33 dingers in 113 games last year and it's "nope, it's the Mets and an old guy, we've seen it before, guaranteed his back injury gets way worse and he sucks and becomes a bust.  Play the young guys."

Again, the Mets already blew past the CBT this year.  A 1-year deal costs Steve Cohen nothing but money and if he's really that bad he's easy enough to cut/trade/bench.  There is virtually no risk to doing this.  The upside is getting a legit All Star power bat behind Alonso, which they've badly needed his entire time here.

I don't know how any fan can think seeing Mark Vientos for 140 games sounds like a fun idea.  He's only 24 but he was worth -1.1 WAR last year with zero plate discipline and completely unplayable defensively.  Anyone with eyes can see he sucks.

I think it's known every team does this, but the Mets poked the bear by doing it with the frequency they did.  I think I even posted here around April or May last year that it was hilariously obvious with a string of roster moves they'd made.

Any time a player out of options was the most logical choice to be removed from the roster for a call-up but they didn't want to lose them, they would magically end up on the injured list with something that happened on the off-day.  And always happen to return right when it made the most sense for the team.  The whole "player must be in the minors for 10 days before they can return unless replacing an injured player" rule went out the window because the Mets would just throw a back-end guy on the injured list.

Tommy Hunter would throw two or three innings of mop-up duty one day and then go on the IL for a fresh arm because they could always cite his history of back injuries.  They had Tim Locastro on the IL with an injury that was going to deliberately sideline him until they got an extra roster spot in September, presumably with an eye toward being a late inning pinch runner for the stretch run.  Funny enough with a depleted roster and the season over he ended up actually playing a lot in that final month.