What's a gaming experience you wish you could do for the first time again?

Benji

Honestly, the opening drive of Forza Horizon 5 ideally without having watched the hype streams leading to it. 

Salvaging that first mech in any Mechwarrior: Mercenaries game. Loved feeling like an efficient Mechwarrior. 

• Like 1

On 17/02/2023 at 10:58, Bobfoc said:

I thought The Last of Us was just OK the first time round, but I preferred it the second time.

I had the exact same reaction to The Witcher 3.  A friend at work hyped it up to me, but I knew nothing of the lore behind the game.  I gave up after a few days because I didn't find it interestong

Once I watched S1 of hte Netflix series, I gave it another shot and loved it

• Like 2

A lot of other stuff like Mass Effect, Red Dead Redemption, Chrono Trigger,  Bioshock. Fallout 3 and New Vagas as well as first Last Of Us game have already been mentioned.

Playing Here Comes The Pain for the first time after playing SmackDown 2 for years (I got HCTP along with a PS2 for christmas). I remember the first match I played was as Ultimo Dragon against Rey Mysterio. It was mind-blowing.

Also playing GTA III for the first time. Having a whole city that you could freely traverse and mess around in (granted, you only had one part of it available at first and had to progress in the story to unlock the other parts) was amazing. The possibilities felt endless (despite there being not all that much to do outside of story missions).

• Like 3

On 16/02/2023 at 21:29, Pooker said:

My go to answer for this will always be the first Knights of the Old Republic. Such a great story.

On 16/02/2023 at 21:41, Benji said:
  Hide contents

I remain super pissed off that the twist was spoiled for me by a friend before I'd even left the tutorial level.

I had such a weird experience playing this game. I got KOTORII first and played it, loved it. Didn't really understand the references to the previous game. Played the first game after that and remained completely spoiler free. I can still remember the strange feeling that washed over me when I got to a key part. KOTOR is always that game I point to for this sort of question. Overall I prefer the KOTOR plot/s over the Lucas/Disney Star Wars stuff.

On 18/02/2023 at 14:20, tristy said:

I'm a sucker for when video games have gameplay with actual songs, so stuff like the Mausoleum battle in Halo 2 with Breaking Benjamin and riding into Mexico for the first time in Red Dead Redemption with a Jose Gonzales song playing.

Fuck. Yes. I loved that.

Completing Halo by myself for the first time was a big one. I initially didn't like it, but I hadn't got deep enough into the game world. After mission six I was absolutely hooked. I bought my friend the Master Chief Collection since they had never played Halo but loved Mass Effect. Having played through it all again, about a decade after last playing the campaigns...it all held up. So many old memories would be stirred to life. Even weapon, enemy and secret locations came back to me. We ended up playing Halo, Halo 2 and Halo 3 in-person co-op over the course of the year and it was so much fun knowing what was coming but not telling, and being able to fill in little bits along the way if anything wasn't obvious with the story.

Chrono Trigger's a game everyone needs to experience as well. Glad it's already been mentioned.

And I guess, I'd love to be able to play Pokémon again with zero knowledge.

It's not been mentioned, but I have a soft spot for Lost Odyssey and remember having several unexpected emotional experiences with that game.

And finally, the first time playing with a console online - Xbox Live and Project Gotham Racing 2. Hysterical fun with organised strangers.

• Like 2

I'd love to play the final mission of Max Payne 3 again for the first time. The style and tone of that game was immense anyway, but it all came together for that finale and it all felt like a proper blockbuster.

Most of the others I could think of were already said. The first time traversing the wasteland in Bethesda's Fallout games, the first Quickdraw in Red Dead, stuff like that. "All Ghillied Up" from Call of Duty 4 as well, that was some experience especially as someone who wasn't into FPS games at the time.

• Like 2

On 28/02/2023 at 09:51, K said:

i would love to play fallout 4 again for the first time. I have like 600 hours in that game.

I'm saying yes and also no to this.

Yes. Because it's such a fun game and I clocked up many hour's in survival mode. It would be great to be able to play it again with that fresh first feeling. Often think of going back to it. But I think it's just nostalgia I'm craving.

Why I'm saying No. It's a game I was playing a fun happy times with family member's also into it. So think I prefer to remember it how I do. If that makes sense. 

What great game's those Fallout one's have been over the year's.

Assassin's Creed Series I would quite like to replay. Ezio, 3, Black Flag, Rogue, Syndicate, Origins, Valhalla and Odyssey. 

GTA IV and V. Canis Canem Edit. Bully. Spyro. 

• Like 1