Summer Transfer Window 2023

Lineker

6 hours ago, METALMAN said:

£15m seems mega cheap for Kessie

I'm sure he was on high wages because he was a free transfer and it's Barca, but yeah, that's a very cheap deal, especially to a Saudi side that's overpaying everywhere. He wanted to go to the Premier League too. I can only assume his wages were an issue because the guy is phenomenal.

3 minutes ago, Baddar said:

7 year deal for Sanchez at Chelsea. What is it with these crazy contract lengths they hand out? I thought they closed the FFP loophole around them being that long.

Pretty sure Babayaro only left in the summer.

They did close (/reduce) the FFP loophole, but Chelsea appear to still like their super-long contracts. I just presume they like putting off the "oh no his contract will expire next summer, that might force our hand" scenario as long as possible. 

Also, not sure if you meant Babayaro or Bakayoko, but if you did mean Babayaro then damn. The guy's 44 years old. :shifty:

4 hours ago, stokeriño said:

They did close (/reduce) the FFP loophole, but Chelsea appear to still like their super-long contracts. I just presume they like putting off the "oh no his contract will expire next summer, that might force our hand" scenario as long as possible. 

Also, not sure if you meant Babayaro or Bakayoko, but if you did mean Babayaro then damn. The guy's 44 years old. :shifty:

Oh I meant Babayaro yes, that was the joke.