Summer Transfer Window 2023

Lineker

1 hour ago, Twist said:

Have the PSG fans turned on Messi because of the WC final result or is there more to it than that?

He's also a scapegoat because of how awful PSG have been in 2023. Pretty much everyone but Mbappe is getting booed by PSG fans. Galtier is definitely getting sacked, Messi is leaving, and if they can find someone silly enough to pay for Neymar, they will can him too.

Imagine the quality of the full squad you could have with the money you pay for just Messi and Neymar. 

• Like 1

I'd actually be interested in Neymar at Chelsea if we can get rid of like 4 other attacking players first, ideally including Sterling, but neither of those are likely to happen. It can't be any more chaotic and abysmal than things are right now.

34 minutes ago, Naitch said:

I'd actually be interested in Neymar at Chelsea if we can get rid of like 4 other attacking players first, ideally including Sterling, but neither of those are likely to happen. It can't be any more chaotic and abysmal than things are right now.

I mean if our club's goal is to continue spending all the world's money ruining high-profile attackers one by one, it fits.

(P.S. "It can't be any more chaotic and abysmal than things are right now" - YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER THAN TO SAY THIS)

Chelsea are an interesting thought exercise in how many of their first team squad they're going to have to get rid of, and how many of those are going to have to be massive money-losing write offs.

A glance at Wiki tells me that come 1st July, they will have 41 first team players on their books, assuming Felix and Zakaria aren't signed or and no loans either way are extended.

Keep Borderline Sell Loan?
Badiashile Kepa Aubameyang Slonina
Enzo Kovacic Pulisic Hutchinson
Silva RLC Bettinelli Hall
Kante Mount Mendy  
Chalobah Gallagher Sterling  
Mudryk Azpi Ziyech  
Broja Havertz Koulibaly  
Chilwell Cucurella Rahman  
James Ampadu Sarr  
DD Fofana Maatsen Bakayoko  
Chukuwuemeka CHO Lukaku  
Madueke      
W Fofana      
Colwill      
Gusto      
Santos      
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Colly said:

Depends, is it Todd Boehly making the signings?

Let's assume its somone sensible. 

So no. 

1 hour ago, Gazz said:

Chelsea are an interesting thought exercise in how many of their first team squad they're going to have to get rid of, and how many of those are going to have to be massive money-losing write offs.

A glance at Wiki tells me that come 1st July, they will have 41 first team players on their books, assuming Felix and Zakaria aren't signed or and no loans either way are extended.

Keep Borderline Sell Loan?
Badiashile Kepa Aubameyang Slonina
Enzo Kovacic Pulisic Hutchinson
Silva RLC Bettinelli Hall
Kante Mount Mendy  
Chalobah Gallagher Sterling  
Mudryk Azpi Ziyech  
Broja Havertz Koulibaly  
Chilwell Cucurella Rahman  
James Ampadu Sarr  
DD Fofana Maatsen Bakayoko  
Chukuwuemeka CHO Lukaku  
Madueke      
W Fofana      
Colwill      
Gusto      
Santos      

Sterling, Ziyech and Koulibaly all feel like it'll be dependent on who the new boss is and can they get the best of them. I think Ziyech the most likely to actually move on of the three. 

A new manager might also try and keep Lukaku.

Yeah, Chelsea are going to have a lot of trouble offloading players this summer. Too many are on huge salaries and teams won’t want to pay a big fee plus salary. Wouldn’t surprise me if they ended up having to pay players to leave like we did a few years ago.

43 minutes ago, FLiam said:

Yeah, Chelsea are going to have a lot of trouble offloading players this summer. Too many are on huge salaries and teams won’t want to pay a big fee plus salary. Wouldn’t surprise me if they ended up having to pay players to leave like we did a few years ago.

And, by following a similar trajectory, we too can finish 2nd to Man City in a couple of seasons' time.